Utah Babies
Options

Any BYU students on the board?

Hi I'm a new to this board, I live in northern utah but there is a possibility to move to draper before I give birth and I was interested in taking online classes a few months after the birth. Any advice on getting into BYU or on what to expect if I do go to BYU. I have attended 2 universities in utah so the college life isn't new but I don't think SUU or the U of U have the same environment.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Any BYU students on the board?

• Options
    I'm sorry, but what kind of environment are you looking for? Obviously there is a difference between going to a private college over a public (in particular a private religous school) but my experiance at the U was extremely conservative compared to another school I attended.
  • Options
    I am not looking for any particular environment. I have a long list of reasons why I am transferring from the U to BYU. I was just hoping to get advice from anyone who went there to help me know what to expect or how to get in.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh ok. I took some classes online from BYU when I was in high school.. I don't recall it being much different than the U. But of course that was several years apart. =) This board isn't very active (I check about once a month and there is rarely a new post!) so you might have better luck googling BYU and finding one of their forums. Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm not a BYU student but I do live in that area!  Expect a lot of very opinionated people!  I like U of U beter for mom's though!!
  • Options
    Probably not what you're looking for, but I go to and work at UVU and I really love it. The environment is really quite wonderful.
    "There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." - Nelson Mandela
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nothing is quite like BYU, but there are a lot of pregnant women and young mothers around all the time. There is a childcare facility in one of the buildings where some mothers take their children, but the school is worth applying to get in to, we have some world-class professors (along with the average ones) and the students are nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"