Houston Babies
Options

Moms that had skin issues (mainly acne) after giving birth

What did you do to help or get rid of it?

What method of birth control were you on?

Derm and I are pretty convinced that mine is hormone related.  OB put me on Ortho Tri Cylcen Lo and my skin has gotten worse. I am also on a cream from my derm that I use daily.  Nothing seems to be working and it has been 2 years since giving birth.  I want to feel young again but this it taking it a bit far :)

Re: Moms that had skin issues (mainly acne) after giving birth

• Options
    Proactiv is the only thing that works for me..  The stuff from the derm just made me red...
  • Options

imagebpaullo:
    Proactiv is the only thing that works for me..  The stuff from the derm just made me red...

How I wish Proactive would work for me.  I was on it for over a year and not a bit of improvement.  Sucks :(

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebpaullo:

Once upon a time I had great success with Proactiv, and may get desperate enough to try it again since C wrecked my skin.

But Brandi - how do you keep it from bleaching everything out?  That's the main reason I stopped using it - I was tired of my pillow cases, PJs, etc. getting bleached out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I only use the face wash...  we switched to white towels and pillow cases...   I have ruined many an item with it...  However, it works and I feel like I don't have a choice..
  • Options
    Hmmm....I was having issues with the necklines of shirts starting to lighten/bleach after I would sweat while using it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am definitely going through puberty after giving birth.  It was worst with #1.  Proactiv actually made it worst for me.  I started washing my fash twice a day with cetaphill.  And the major acne breakout area, I use a prescription call Celocin (sp?) it's a topical solution that can come in liquid, gel, or foam.  I also use Cetaphil lotion at night time after I take my shower and wash my fash.  During the day, I use aveeno 30spf on my face because sun can actually make acne scar worst. 

I've never taken any birth control pills..so I can't help you there. 

Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"