3rd Trimester
Options

Does Rhogam shot hurt? Where do they give it?

I get mine today.  Just want to be prepared.
IVF #3 10/09 BFP! 12dp3dt Beta #1 = 319 14dp3dt Beta #2 = 565 21dp3dt Beta #3 = 10,475! u/s showed twins!! IVF 12/12 BFP! image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Does Rhogam shot hurt? Where do they give it?

• Options
    mine was in my arm both times and its uncomfortable but it didnt hurt.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I got mine in the butt and it didn't bother me at all. They told me that it would hurt more in the arm. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got mine in the arm. Like PP said, it wasn't too bad. My arm felt a little sore afterwards, but it went away quickly.
  • Options
    I got mine last week in the arm. Didn't hurt anymore than any other needle. The spot was a little tender if I bumped it on anything for the rest of the day.
  • Options
    They refused to give it to me in the arm, so I got it in my butt instead, it only sting a little and that was it.
  • Options
    I've never had one, but my friend who got one a few weeks ago said it hurt more than a regular vaccination.
    Hawaii
  • Options
    I got mine in the butt. It actually didn't hurt me at all. And I'm the hugest baby when it comes to needles. I was freaking out for no reason.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Didn't hurt at all, honestly I barely felt it.  I got it right above my butt cheek in the hip area.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    1st one I got in the butt - didn't hurt (needle was way more intimidating).  2nd one, I got in the arm - again didn't hurt (regular needle). 
    image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had it twice - once for 1st trimester bleeding and again at 28 weeks.  I got it in my arm both times and it didn't hurt.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Got it on top of my butt/hip area.

It did hurt a little, just burned for a moment. Then that area was sore if I sat on it too long for a day or so.

Nothing to cry about tho :)

• Options
    This pregnancy, I've had it twice. THe first in the first tri was in the thigh, actually. The second one was in the butt and it actually hurt a bit, but mainly because apparently they refrigerate the vaccine so it burns going in. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Had mine in my butt this morning. It stung a little, but really wasn't as bad as I thought. Exposing my butt was almost worse than the shot! LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"