Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

More on my sad situation

DH has move to new rehab facility from hosptial.  The stress of the change of locations and the doctors prescribing medications that cost $400 for two week supply have been resolved. 

DD has been desperately upset by the changes and my stress.  She follows me everywhere and screams "Mama" if I leave the room. 

Our entire life sucks right now.  Her birthday party is Saturday and I have invited only 5 family members.  Her actual birthday is next Wednesday and I am working with the intake coordinator to allow a special exception for her Papa to have a quick visit with her that day.

In 2009, I was so excited that 2010 would be so much better.  Now I am just praying for the strength to help my child make it through each day.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: More on my sad situation

• Options

I'm so sorry :( I hope things get better soon.

Happy (early) Birthday to your adorable little girl too! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • Options
    I'm so sorry that you are going through such a sh!tty situation. It really isn't fair to you or DD. I admire how strong you are being.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so so sorry :(  Happy Birthday to your DD, I hope she has a great time at her party, you both deserve some happiness!
  • Options
    hang in there.  you are in a tough spot and doing above and beyond the best that can be expected of you.  happy bday to A :)
  • Options
    Hugs to you and your LO. It sounds like you're doing the best you can and I'm hoping you can celebrate your DD's birthday with much happiness.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    What a difficult situation you're going through!  You're in my thoughts and prayers.  I hope life starts to feel a little less stressful for you (as much as it can given your situation).  Happy early birthday to your little girl.
  • Options
    You are doing the best thing you can, putting your little girl first and staying strong for her. She is lucky to have a mom like you. Hang in there.
  • Options
    I am sorry you are going through this.  My dad went to rehab for alcoholism when I was 9 years old.  I didn't really fully understand at the time, but I know it was a very difficult time for my family, particularly my mom.  She cried everyday but held it together for my brother and I.  It ended up being the best thing to ever happen to my family - my dad will be sober 20 years this June!  I hope this is the start of a new beginning for you and your family and your DH is on the road to recovery.  It's difficult right now but it can be well worth it in the long run.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I think your prayers are working, you ARE making it through each day.

It really does sound cheesy and cliche but you just have to take this one day at a time. On Saturday, check out and focus on baby girl and her party. Try to live in that moment and not think about who is or isn't there.

I hope things work out with your husband, the fact that he is getting help is huge. I hope that it sticks.

• Options
    You are hanging on...maybe only by your fingernails, but you are hanging on.  Just take it one moment at a time, and let go of as much guilt as you can with your daughter.  Just do what she needs done right now.  Keep venting as much as you need to on here, and please try to find someone to talk to IRL.  It helps a ton.  I truly think of you and your family daily.  You WILL make it thru this.
  • Options

I don't know your situation, but I wanted to make a suggestion.  Are you going to any type of support group?  I making the assumption from other responses that your DH is in rehab for some type of chemical dependency, if I am wrong I apologize.  I have a parent that is an alcoholic in very early recovery and Al-Anon has helped me tremendously.  I am echoing someone else's response, it is really important to take care of yourself.  Al-Anon isn't just for families of alcoholics, it's for anyone that is affected by someone's addiction.

Take care.    

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagecrazytmogirl:
    I'm so sorry that you are going through such a sh!tty situation. It really isn't fair to you or DD. I admire how strong you are being.
    Yes very strong! So sorry. May each day bring new joys for your dd
  • Options
    This whole situation sucks! I really hope it gets easier on all of you, especially your daughter. You are being incredibly strong! And happy early birthday to your little girl!
  • Options
    I'm sorry.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you are both going through this. It is good that DH is on the road to recovery though. Hope that things start to turn around for the good for all of you. Happy Birthday big girl!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry, I wish I had something helpful to say. I must be terribly difficult, but you can get through it. Hopefully you'll have some good news to share soon. Take care.
  • Options
    I've kept up with your situation, though I don't think I"ve posted much. I don't know what to say. Do you have someone you can talk to about everything? Maybe a clergymember who will give you free counseling? It sounds like you are carrying such a heavy load, and it may be helpful to have someone to share that with. I will be praying for you guys. ((HUGS))
  • Options
    That sounds so incredibly difficult.  I hope 2010 starts turning around for your family soon.  Happy Birthday to your adorable daughter. 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry.  I hope things get better for you each day.  I understand about 2010 being a better year.  I think that it will be but it will take some time.  I will be praying for you and your family to make it through all of this.  One day at a time, that's all you can do.  Happy early Birthday to your DD!  I hope that she gets to see your DH for her birthday. 
  • Options

Glad to hear that got resolved. I was really hopeful for you. When someone is at the point where he is asking for help, it's tragic that he wouldn't be able to get it.

And if there can't be a birthday visit, Wednesday can be a special mother-daughter celebration. Don't think of it as something he's missing out on, or something she's being shorted. Think of it as something that is just for the two of you this year. And when he is done with his stay and back with you, they can have a daddy-daughter day for their own celebration. Three birthday parties are always better than two.

• Options
    I hope everything starts looking up for you guys real soon!  Happy birthday to your little girl, she's precious :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"