Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Bumbo chair

What do you use yours for? I'm thinking about getting one for DS but not sure.

Re: Bumbo chair

• Options
    Just starting to train him to turn his head to the left - he tends to favor his right.  So, he's learning to hold his head up, and then turn it to the left instead of always to the right.  Also, it seems like it helps him with his stability in his torso and his neck.
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We use ours since N is starting to prefer sitting up over laying all the time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we will use it to have her sit up since she orefers that to laying down.  Unfortunately her neck isn't strong enough so she only goes in it for a few minutes.  I've also heard people use it for feedings.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD likes hers for looking around and hanging out. ?I put it next to me during story time, sometimes, because it's easier to show her the pictures when I have my hands free.
    "Cool as Hell like e-mail, but still timeless like a letter."
  • Options
    we just introduced this to Sabrina over the weekend. she likes it like I knew she would bc she's got pretty good head control and oftentimes will try to sit up when laying back. I think it's a great way to change things up a bit so that her view is not always from her back or tummy.
    click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS prefers to sit up now and he loves his Bumbo. I'll put it on the kitchen counter (far, far away from the edge) while I'm doing dishes or cooking dinner and DS loves to look out the window. It's nice to have something to put him in where he can sit up while still supported. Even though he hates tummy time and screams the entire time, this is a nice alternative to work on his head control (which is great BTW).

I imagine we'll use it for feedings as well once we move up to solids and before we put him in a highchair.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DS has reflux so we sit him in the bumbo after he eats.  He also prefers to sit up so he can look around and we'll sit him in it then.
  • Options
    to practice sitting.  to have more eye to eye contact when on the floor.   to have a different view of toys.    when starting solids to eat--makes a good starter chair and we put it on the table for more face to face contact.   booster chair for dining out and going to grandmas
  • Options
    We got a hand-me-down Bumbo but haven't used it yet. I've seen people use it at restaurants instead of a high chair. It looks like a good idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"