High-Risk Pregnancy

Bedrest care package?

Hi Bedrest Mamas!

One of my best friends was just put on bedrest due to PTL.  She is about 26 weeks and they are hoping to get her to 36.  The good news is all looks good, she is just contracting, so on Procardia every 6 hours.

Anyhow, since she is on heavy bedrest (bed, couch, recliner, bed- that's it) I want to put a little care package for her.

So if someone had (or did) send something to you, knowing how it is now, what would you want?  I'm thinking snacks, books and magazines, but not sure what else.  10 weeks is a long time so I'm hoping to give her something to brighten her days.

Thanks!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bedrest care package?

• That is so sweet of you! ?All the things you named (snacks, books, magazines) are perfect! ?Also anything you think she might be interested in doing/learning like knitting, crocheting, scrap booking, crafts, or games can help pass time. ??
  • All those things are great- the best one though is offering to come over and just give her company.

You could also get her a subscription to Netflix if she doesn't have one already...

• Loading the player...
  • as everyone else said, all those are great. Also, if you live close, making something for dinner is probably huge, or even gift cert to a local restaurant.  I'm in the hospital so it's probably different, but dinner has been my biggest challenge.  DH is limited in his kitchen skills and take out gets old.  I've had friends even just bring me leftovers (they'll cook dinner for themselves and just double it so they have extras for me and DH) and that is soo appreciated.

Or if you can find someone that does in house mani/pedis, that is also a fun surprise. 

• I think all your ideas are great, and anything would be much appreciated from her! I had a friend give me a giftcard to Blockbuster to rent movies (or like another said NetFlix). Movies have saved my life! I love magazines as well. You could also throw in some "non traditional" (if there's a such thing) bed rest items like lotions or a manicure set she could use while in her recliner. Like I said though, thats great what you are doing and I just appreciate the phone calls I get!!
  • puzzle books, baby name book, games, baby book (she can start filling it out), anything for a hobby that she likes. 
  • All of the above mentioned ideas are great.  I want to add chapstick -- I can't live without it on bedrest!!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"