Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Who's still up??

And how are you? 

I'm good LO is being rocked by DH. Hopefully she'll sleep well tonight. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Who's still up??

• Options
    I guess it's just you and me.  Are you gonna just ride it out and see if AF will eventually come or are you planning to get provera?
  • Options
    Im here!  Nothing interesting going on though.  I am listening to Biggest Loser on my computer while I bump, and have Idol muted on tv.  I may have a problem. lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm here for a little while yet.  DD's been down for a couple hours.  DH just watched The Great Sperm Race and it's a quiet night.
    BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm here. Doing good, making brownies.
  • Options

I'm here...I think this week off work has given me a serious addiction. I'm still new, but I've been on here all week....especially today...all day. I really kind of like you guys Yes and I hope I haven't broken a million rules.

I'm hoping I won't temp in my dreams again tonight. that really screwed me up this morning when I got up to pee thinking I already temped. On my third day of elevated temps, no less. Huh?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageLauraOTR:

I'm here...I think this week off work has given me a serious addiction. I'm still new, but I've been on here all week....especially today...all day. I really kind of like you guys Yes and I hope I haven't broken a million rules.

I'm hoping I won't temp in my dreams again tonight. that really screwed me up this morning when I got up to pee thinking I already temped. On my third day of elevated temps, no less. Huh?

lol  Aw, that sucks!  I always seem to sleep through my alarm on those important temp days!
  • Options

Cracking up watching Weeds on Netflix.

BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I was so mad. But, really, I should have known, because when I got up to pee, it was 5:45, and I don't actually temp until 6:30 or 7:00. I did end up with CH today (yay??), but they're dashed b/c I wrote in "sleep deprived" and the earlier time. Blargh.
  • Options
    imageLauraOTR:

I totally did this last night! When I got up I checked my BBT and it had a new temp on it! Figured I might as well use that one since my chart just started. Think I need to move it a little farther away from my bed or into the nightstand instead of right on top.

• Options
    imagevlewis84:
    imageLauraOTR:

I totally did this last night! When I got up I checked my BBT and it had a new temp on it! Figured I might as well use that one since my chart just started. Think I need to move it a little farther away from my bed or into the nightstand instead of right on top.

So, did you temp in your sleep or your dreams? I temped in my dreams...meaning, I didn't actually temp, I just dreamt that I did! So, you did it in your sleep?

• Options
    I end up sleeping with it in, sometimes I'll wake up like 45 minutes later with the bbt hanging out of my mouth! lol
  • Options
    Yes, apparently I did lol.. I think I have a subconscious issue where I am anxious to temp in the am. Ever since I started I wake up too early in the am before my dang alarm goes off.
  • Options
    Still up. Been working on homework late. Ugh! 
  • Options
    image**Papps**:

imageJAllen32:
    I end up sleeping with it in, sometimes I'll wake up like 45 minutes later with the bbt hanging out of my mouth! lol

I've done this before! :(  Either that or I just wake up an hour + earlier than I should and think its time to temp. Blah

I've been doing this also...pretty much every day. It's annoying, because then I want to pee, but can't get up yet, and I want to temp so that I can get up to pee, but it's too early. BAH.

• Options
    image**Papps**:

imageJAllen32:

I've done this before! :(  Either that or I just wake up an hour + earlier than I should and think its time to temp. Blah

lol Yeah, I've done that before too!  I temp, then realize its like 4am! lol  CRAP!  Mh laughs at me everytime!
  • Options
    I'm still here, its only 10pm in Arizona
  • Options
    Just checking in after a late dinner and watching V with the DH...I just caught up on all the drama. Awful. I can't believe the level some people stoop to.
  • Options
    image**Papps**:
    imageLauraOTR:
    image**Papps**:

imageJAllen32:

I've been doing this also...pretty much every day. It's annoying, because then I want to pee, but can't get up yet, and I want to temp so that I can get up to pee, but it's too early. BAH.

Well, depending on what time it is you may be better off just taking your temp and marking it down at the hour you took it. For me, it's usually like 4 am, and I normally take it between 5 and 5:15 so I'll just take it at 4 and keep an open circle

This way you can at least get up and pee :)

This way you actually get your true waking temp.  Even if it is early.  If you wake up for awhile, then go back to sleep and temp at your regular time, it might not be quite as accurate since you didn't get the full three hours.  ::disclaimer::  I'm not an expert, this is just what I do.
  • Options
    image**Papps**:
    imageJAllen32:
    image**Papps**:

imageJAllen32:

lol Yeah, I've done that before too!  I temp, then realize its like 4am! lol  CRAP!  Mh laughs at me everytime!

That's funny you say 4.... that was me today :(  4 am comes and I wake up thinking its time to temp. I took it anyways but now I have an open circle. boooo

It happened like 3 days in a row on a recent cycle. lol  I was peeved.
  • Options
    I just got off work and will be here catching up on posts for a bit.

• Options
    image**Papps**:

imageJAllen32:

So how do you like Eugene? My dad lives there :)

I love it here.  We just moved back last summer, after 7 years in Florida.  I am really happy to be home.  Although, I am really missing Florida right now. lol  Are you in Portland?
  • Options
    I'm around but I think I'll be heading to bed. It's past 1 am here.
  • Options
    image**Papps**:
    imageJAllen32:
    image**Papps**:

imageJAllen32:

So how do you like Eugene? My dad lives there :)

I love it here.  We just moved back last summer, after 7 years in Florida.  I am really happy to be home.  Although, I am really missing Florida right now. lol  Are you in Portland?

I bet Florida would be sooooo nice right now! What made you move back? And yes, I'm in PDX :)  I moved here almost 5 years ago from the San Fran area. I love it here too! I'm so happy I came here :)  Plus, my dad lives in Eugene and my mom in Corvallis. Ha!

It was time.  We missed home.  We both were laid off from our jobs summer of 08.  We started thinking about moving back at that time, but we had our wedding planned for Nov of that year.  So we waited until after the wedding and then moved to Indiana for a short time to visit dh's brother and his family.  But we really hated it there, so we came home!  I'm so glad we did too.  I got back in late June, and ended up losing my mom 2 months later.  So I'm really happy I got to spend a little time with her before she passed.

Do you miss California?  What took you up to pdx as opposed to this area?

• Options
    imageDaysie:
    I'm around but I think I'll be heading to bed. It's past 1 am here.
    G'Night!!
  • Options
    image**Papps**:

imageJAllen32:

It was time.  We missed home.  We both were laid off from our jobs summer of 08.  We started thinking about moving back at that time, but we had our wedding planned for Nov of that year.  So we waited until after the wedding and then moved to Indiana for a short time to visit dh's brother and his family.  But we really hated it there, so we came home!  I'm so glad we did too.  I got back in late June, and ended up losing my mom 2 months later.  So I'm really happy I got to spend a little time with her before she passed.

I'm sorry to hear about you mom :(  That is really nice you got to spend time together though.

I miss my friends in Cali, and I miss certain things about it a lot. But there are many other things I don't miss- so its a toss up. I transferred up to PDX with the company I was working for at the time. I was ready to leave the bay area, and put in an application for PDX or Seattle, and PDX sent me an offer letter first.  So here I am :) 

I didn't go for Eugene because one, I didn't know too much about Oregon at the time, and two, because the company I worked for only had an opening in PDX!

::butting in::

DH wants to move to Oregon/Washington because the COL is lower. I love CA and hate the rain, plus all our family is here. Do you mind telling me what you miss and what you like better about Oregon?

DH's dream is to live in Vancouver, Washington, so we get no state income tax and can shop in Oregon with no sales tax (I think I got that right, might be the reverse). I just can't imagine that much rain! Do you get used to it?

• Options
    image**Papps**:

imageJAllen32:

I'm sorry to hear about you mom :(  That is really nice you got to spend time together though.

I miss my friends in Cali, and I miss certain things about it a lot. But there are many other things I don't miss- so its a toss up. I transferred up to PDX with the company I was working for at the time. I was ready to leave the bay area, and put in an application for PDX or Seattle, and PDX sent me an offer letter first.  So here I am :) 

I didn't go for Eugene because one, I didn't know too much about Oregon at the time, and two, because the company I worked for only had an opening in PDX!

Thanks.  It was a hard loss that is for sure.  Sudden and unexpected.

That makes sense!  Are you still with that company?

I keep thinking, now that I am coming across so many Oregon ladies, we should do a get together sometime!

• Options

Sort of butting in but... 

Dh is from Oregon too, but moved to Ohio to be with me. We met online, hehe. Been together for 6 yrs or so now. He really wants to move back there, but it's really far away from Ohio. I seem to have more family here, but I think sometimes we would both have better opportunities if we moved.

I've never been there, but he tells me that its the most beautiful place. I think it would be nice to actually be able to drink the water and not have to filter it and not have to worry about crappy roads and such. Think eventually we will move to Oregon, but don't know when.

• Options
    imageitsmegin:
    image**Papps**:

::butting in::

DH wants to move to Oregon/Washington because the COL is lower. I love CA and hate the rain, plus all our family is here. Do you mind telling me what you miss and what you like better about Oregon?

DH's dream is to live in Vancouver, Washington, so we get no state income tax and can shop in Oregon with no sales tax (I think I got that right, might be the reverse). I just can't imagine that much rain! Do you get used to it?

You got it right.  I didn't realize until now that Washington didn't have state income tax.  Florida is the same way.  It took a lot of getting used to,  figuring the extra cost in when shopping! lol  But my daughter thinks its 'awesome'!  Yeah, she doesn't see the chunk come out of the paycheck! haha

You really do get used to the rain, just like the heat in some places, or the humidity in others.  Florida gets a ton of rain during the summer, but Oregon rain is COLD and that was hard to come back to!  Its hot and humid when it rains there.

• Options

Thanks for the info ladies, I appreciate it! I've always heard good things from people that live there, I'm just a weather sissy, having been in CA my whole life. I get cold at 65 and an inch of rain ruins my day. Plus I'm abnormally addicted to Disneyland, but taxes here are getting ridiculous!!! We'll see.

• Options
    imageAwwJung09:

Dh is from Oregon too, but moved to Ohio to be with me. We met online, hehe. Been together for 6 yrs or so now. He really wants to move back there, but it's really far away from Ohio. I seem to have more family here, but I think sometimes we would both have better opportunities if we moved.

I've never been there, but he tells me that its the most beautiful place. I think it would be nice to actually be able to drink the water and not have to filter it and not have to worry about crappy roads and such. Think eventually we will move to Oregon, but don't know when.

It definately is beautiful here.  Lots of green!  And the mountains are so nice after being some place so flat!  And you can't drink tap water out there, so it is nice to drink tap water here.  DH doesn't, I think its a mental block!  He doesn't even like drinking the filtered water from the fridge! Has to have his bottled water.  There are places here that have really hard water or well water though, and that tastes gross!
  • Options
    imageitsmegin:

Thanks for the info ladies, I appreciate it! I've always heard good things from people that live there, I'm just a weather sissy, having been in CA my whole life. I get cold at 65 and an inch of rain ruins my day. Plus I'm abnormally addicted to Disneyland, but taxes here are getting ridiculous!!! We'll see.

Oh yeah!  We really miss all the theme parks in Orlando.  We had passes to the Disney water parks and both Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.  So much to do in Florida....I love Oregon, but it can get boring! lol  At least for someone like me.  Not much of an outdoorsy person.  I'd like to be, just don't do it.  We need to get into skiing/boarding, hiking, stuff like that.

Papps, I told my hubby about our convo lastnight and he thinks its a great idea to head up to the mountain with my dd and spend some time on the bunny slope! lol  And now my little sister wants to go too!

• Options
    image**Papps**:
    imageJAllen32:
    image**Papps**:

imageJAllen32:

Thanks.  It was a hard loss that is for sure.  Sudden and unexpected.

That makes sense!  Are you still with that company?

I keep thinking, now that I am coming across so many Oregon ladies, we should do a get together sometime!

I don't know how I missed your post, sorry :(

I'm not with them anymore. I was for about 2 years, then got a job with a local company here and never looked back haha

I would love to do a get together sometime :)

Alright!  Have a good night!  And we'll have to discuss a gtg with the other Or ladies!
  • Options
    imageJAllen32:
    imageAwwJung09:

It definately is beautiful here.  Lots of green!  And the mountains are so nice after being some place so flat!  And you can't drink tap water out there, so it is nice to drink tap water here.  DH doesn't, I think its a mental block!  He doesn't even like drinking the filtered water from the fridge! Has to have his bottled water.  There are places here that have really hard water or well water though, and that tastes gross!

All I know is it's stilll a big decision to make anyways. :P I mean that's a lot of travel between Oregon & Ohio. But I do know that there is more to Oregon than Ohio has to offer at the moment. Also we will have to save a load of money before moving there if and when we do.

@Papps; Good night to you. =)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"