Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Roommate Vent (kinda long but need advice)

So we got a roommate in September of last year because DH and I needed some extra money to pay off some debt. Well he was DH's best friend, he was in our wedding party, and we told him he only had 2 pay a third of the rent... which for him was awesome. For us... not so much seeing as his GF moved in like 2 weeks later, he kept claiming that she wasnt living there, so we couldnt charge him more money! Well he told us the night he moved in he would give us a 2 months notice. Today he tells us, Im moving out next week... thats not a 2 months!!! So we are getting sooooooo screwed on rent! but heres the best part... (not for me and DH though)

When he moves in I tell him "we have 2 cats, they like to climb, they like to jump AND they like to knock stuff over, please dont leave anything laying around that they can knock over!" 2 weeks later he tells DH that the cat knocked over his protein shake and ruined his MP3 player. He was apparently gone for like 5 minutes... I leave stuff on the counters for 5 minutes and the cats have never knocked over my drinks, but I have no proof that he is lying. So we didnt have the money to buy him a new one because heck if we had the money, we would have bought outselves another one. So we gave him DH's mp3 player, but for xmas his GF bought him a new one. He tells us "Im not giving you it back because you still owe me for the one that broke!" OH BS I HAVE TO OWE YOU!

So he has to stay for like 2 more weeks, so he owes us $200 for the rent, which now he is saying he is not paying it, because we owe him for his $150 mp3 player, so hes going to give us $50! I am not ok with that! So I went in his room... there is a big red stain on the floor. Also I went in his Bathroom, and I let him use my shower curtain, which was $50 btw, it was an asian themed shower curtain from bed bath and beyond. We got the rest of the stuff for my bridal shower to go with it! And he is a health freak, clean freak... whatever and I go in there, and there is moldy black sh** all over my shower curtain. I mean, I even had a clear protector behind it, and thats black now, its not even clear. SO I am trying to wash it right now, someone told me to use vinegar. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get it out? He should have told us there was mold, so we could have taken care of it! He should have told me that so I could wash it... but no... its like beyond repair now! I mean WTF!

So now I want to charge him 50$ for the  shower curtain... and DH wont let me do that, he was like its a loss cause... I mean WTF! I want to charge him... he owes me for the shower curtain! I mean what do you think? Since I am not allowed to confront him about giving me $200... I want at least $100... which I think is still wrong, I think he owes me $200! I mean... what do yall think?

Re: Roommate Vent (kinda long but need advice)

• Options
    Way too long, sorry. 
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    You are definitely typing angry.  It's late (11:20 for me) and I'm tired and I don't know that I'm getting all this.  I think if I understand the situation right, he should pay you for the shower curtain.  And you warned him so you shouldn't owe him for the mp3 player.  I now know never to have a friend as a roommate... And I also know it's time for bed.  G'night everyone!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

He should replace your shower curtain.

I don't think you owe him for the mp3 player.

• Options

He doesn't want to pay the rent, tell him to get the Fvck out. Problem solved

• Options
    Unfortunately, you're probably out of luck. Chalk it up to a learning experience. Never mix money and friends, and if you do...get it in writing. Unfortunately, you are going to lose money or a friend, or possibly both in this situation. Move on and learn from it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

call your homeowner's insurance and see if they will cover the mp3 player cost.

we have had our HO insurance cover medical expenses when i had a kitchen accident and a replacement rear window when the garage door malfunctioned and closed on DH's truck.

• Options

If he gives you one of those $10 off coupons for bbb will you only charge him $90. (I know I get one in the mail every Sunday)

Wow y'all are killing a friendship over $150.  Not worth the energy.  It's a shower curtain, buy a new one and move on. 

• Options

Hells bells.  It's a shower curtain.  Kick him out for not paying rent and buy a new curtain. 
    Confused

Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • Options
    imagekdodge423:

Do either of you have this in writing?

Didn't think so. You are all fukced. Let him leave and everyone move on with your lives and grow the hell up. You are acting like children- all of you. A shower curtain? Really? Those things are $10.

Ditto.  Although I quit reading halfway through, it sounds like you all need to grow up and you and DH need to not have roommates.

TTC since January 2010
    BFP 5/9/10. U/S - no heartbeat 6/2/10 (7 weeks). Induced miscarriage 6/7/10.
    Chemical pregnancies 12/2/10, 1/3/11, and 2/7/11.
    dx: RPL due to poor quality uterine lining; begin progesterone January 2011
    BFP 3/10/11. EDD 11/19/11. E arrived 11/15/11!

Loss Blog | Life Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm just wondering...are you TTC?
  • Options
    To get the mold off the shower curtain, throw the liner in the washer with bleach and run it on cold. Then just hang it up to dry. 
  • Options

imageqtsreign:
    I'm just wondering...are you TTC?

This was my first thought as well.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Let him leave and cut your losses. There really isn't any other way to move on in this situation, sorry.
  • Options
    image*Scuzzlebutt*:

He should replace your shower curtain.

I don't think you owe him for the mp3 player.

This

• Options

yes i am TTC been for a while!

we're just cutting our losses, he's paying us for the damage... but still no rent! I told DH he needed to move out on the 1st... but he was like well, he's leaving next saturday. still peeved... but we're never having a roommate again

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"