Austin Babies
Options

Those who delivered at NAMC

What all does the hospital provide for you and baby post delivery?  Is there anything I should insist on bringing from home?  Is there an additional charge?  I scan everything to my patient's room when I bring them supplies, so I'm wondering if the same is done on the PP unit at NAMC.  TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Those who delivered at NAMC

• Options

i brought shampoo and clothes for me and an outfit for Tommy. Oh, and my boppy. That was it.

they provided everything else:

- all peri care stuff (sprays, pads, mesh undies, etc), all nursing related stuff (gel pads, lanosil), all baby related stuff (thermometer, suction, hat, clothes, receiving blanket, diapers). I had even forgotten my meds and they provided me w/ my daily dose of levoxil and my prenatal. 

yes, they do scan everything as it comes into the room. i think that's SOP for every hospital. 

• Options
    I was BFing and wasn't offered any nursing supplies, so definitely ask if there's something you need that they haven't brought to you. We also took home the baby bath supplies (shampoo, sponge, head scrubber thing). There was a pink plastic basin that held all of the pads and mesh panties and I took that as well. We used it to help with baths until we transitioned H to her baby bathtub. I now use it to soak/wash my pump parts.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ditto MC & s-a-r-a-h. 

I pretty much took everything home that wasn't bolted down.  Embarrassed

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"