Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Those of you pg with #2 or 2nd time mom...

How much harder was it to concieve the 2nd? For DD, we tried one night, one time...it worked. We had a serious talk tonight about #2 and it is between trying in 9 days, or waiting til september. We want to try to concieve so the baby is born either during j-term, or summer break. We both plan on going back to school in the fall. I know you cant really control when, but I am just curious how hard it was to get pg the 2nd time. TIA :)

Re: Those of you pg with #2 or 2nd time mom...

• Options

For me, we had a very easy time with both conceptions.

I know some people have a difficult time with #1 and surprisingly easy with #2... or vice versa. It's so tough to say. But, that is my personale experience

Rainbow baby due in September!
    .image
    May Siggy Challenge - Favorite Onscreen Mom
    image  image
  • Options

DD 1- first try

DD 2- second try (even though I was off the pill for 4 months, the first 2 months we never got to try b/c schedules were too hectic! How sad is that? When you only have a window of a few days it's easy to do though, one day I would look at my calendar and be like 'crap, we missed it again!')

My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DS - 2nd month trying

2nd pregnancy - 1st month trying - ended in m/c

3rd pregnancy - 1st month trying

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
  • Options
    We had easy times both times. With DD, I got pg on the third cycle and with this one . . . well, we weren't even trying :)
  • Options
    pretty much the same both times.  took 3-4 months of "trying" with #1.  with #2 i just never got back on the pill - i had 2 cycles and was pregnant.  
  • Options

So far everyone has had a pretty easy time...I guess i will keep that in mind. I am still not sure when to try. My DH wants to wait so we can "enjoy" the summer (meaning drink and go out ;)) I kind of would just like to just get it going.

• Options

It really varies, depending on a thousand factors. (Of course, you already know that.)

For DS, I got pregnant on the Nuvaring.

For this baby, I got pregnant a month before we started trying, on the Mirena.

I am curious as to how long it would take when I am not on BC.... Probably years.

You could always go for it this cycle, then if it doesn't work wait until Sept. I do wish you luck, though!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• Options

Emerson was easy but, second time around I had to do IF treatments.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DS2 it took 2 years ad DS3 it was 7 months.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • Options
    imagesblalande:

So far everyone has had a pretty easy time...I guess i will keep that in mind. I am still not sure when to try. My DH wants to wait so we can "enjoy" the summer (meaning drink and go out ;)) I kind of would just like to just get it going.

you could just throw caution to the wind and "see what happens" until sept!   it was much more "fun" conceiving #2 without the whole "get in bed its time!" talk we did with #1! 

• Options
    imagejewelbride07:
    imagesblalande:

you could just throw caution to the wind and "see what happens" until sept!   it was much more "fun" conceiving #2 without the whole "get in bed its time!" talk we did with #1! 

yes, that would be more fun. Ive been tracking my o for a while now though and Ive noticed we never really get in the mood around day 14. Weird. I heard men are more attracted to women when they o.

• Options

Tried for a year w/ DS.

Had a one night "oops" with DD.

Nathan Thomas, C-section (frank breech), September 22, 2008 Maren Anne, VBAC, April 6, 2010 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

#1-first try

#2-not planned and conceived right after my first pp period

Good luck!

• Options
    imageCelticWife:

It really varies, depending on a thousand factors. (Of course, you already know that.)

For DS, I got pregnant on the Nuvaring.

For this baby, I got pregnant a month before we started trying, on the Mirena.

I am curious as to how long it would take when I am not on BC.... Probably years.

You could always go for it this cycle, then if it doesn't work wait until Sept. I do wish you luck, though!

Wow Celtic, I would tell DH to keep his hands off of me!

• Options
    In my experience with DD we got preg. right away and with this one we got preg. right away as well.  GL!
  • Options

First pregnancy - pregnant first month trying.

Second pregnancy - pregnant first month trying. Ended in m/c.

Third pregnancy - pregnant 4th month trying. 

• Options

For dd it was the day I stopped taking BC :)

With this LO it was within the first couple weeks of trying!

• Options

#1 - took us 1 year (including a miscarriage)

#2 - took us 5 minutes (AF hadn't even returned and I was still nursing)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

1st DS - oops messed up on my BC and ended in M/C

2nd - 1 st try

3rd - about 6 to 8 months of sort of trying.  I used the ovulation kits and we tried but we missed a couple of months in between.  Of cours the first month I did not use the O kit - I concieved. 

• Options

Well, I don't seem to have a problem conceiving.  It's keeping the pregnancy going that seems to be my problem.  

You won't know until you try.  Some women have secondary infertility for a variety of reasons.  My friend who had two C-sections now has it due to scarring from the C-sections.  She just had surgery to remove the scar tissue so hopefully she can try for a third if she decides to go that route.  

I hope you are one of the lucky ones that can totally plan everything.  I know my mom was (I was unplanned and my sister was conceived the very first month my parents tried - no miscarriages for her either).  

1st pregnancy - 2nd month trying (ended in m/c)

2nd pregnancy - 4th month after miscarriage (cycles were wacky and ended in m/c)

3rd pregnancy- 1st month of trying (wound up with healthy DD!)

4th pregnancy - 1st month of trying  (ended in m/c)

5th pregnancy - 3rd month of trying (cycles wacky after m/c) This is my current pregnancy 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers mc #1 2/17/06 mc#2 8/3/06 mc #3 9/7/09
  • Options
    I know I'm answering late to this but it's the middle of the night and I'm bored.  It was the first cycle trying with both pregnancies for us.  
  • Options

DS - 7 cycles

DC2 - 1st cycle I ovulated while bf'ing

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Well, I'm in the major minority here, but with DD it took us 3 cycles, with DS, it took 7 cycles after my first pp AF (and a total of 15 months if you count the time we were trying and I was BF but no AF yet).
  • Options
    We had a much harder time. It took 8 cycles vs. 2 the first time.
  • Options
    It was easy for us.  I hope you also have it easy.  :)
  • Options
    With DS, I got pregnant on the 3rd cycle (after a m/c also conceived on the 3rd cycle). With this baby, it happened on the 2nd cycle TTC.
    Aidan Jake 7/25/08 Cooper Cole 7/27/10 Tessa Morgan 8/9/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"