Babies on the Brain

wwbotb do? re: hand-me-down crib

We have been offered a crib by my MIL's church.  It's several years old (but probably not more than 5-7 years).  It has a drop side.  We will go look at it to check it out, but is it terrible of me to even consider a drop side crib?  We would fix the side, assuming that's possible.  So, what do you think?
Photobucket Anniversary

Re: wwbotb do? re: hand-me-down crib

• We have a hand me down crib from BIL.I was happy when we received it - its  a nice PB crib that they still sell.

That being said - I wish we had bought our own.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I *probably* wouldn't do it, simply because so much has changed even in just 5 years. If you do decide to do it, I'd research the crib and make sure it hasn't been in on the recall.
  • Loading the player...
  • Nope.  Not in a million years.  Who knows how many times it's been taken down and put back together.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No.  Never ever.  Especially a drop side. I wouldn't buy a new drop side.  Several counties here have banned the sales of them altogether,
    photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Because of the drop side, I probably wouldn't, unless money was a huge issue. Although we are still using our dropside crib (that we got new), I am pretty sure we will be getting a new crib for the next baby.
    Baby #1 edd 4/21/07 - Matthias James born 5/2/07, 9 lbs, 22 in

Baby # 2 edd 11/26/08 - Ezra Jacob born 11/29/08, 9 lbs 6 oz., 21 3/4 in

Baby #3 edd 05/04/13 - Titus Jude born 05/01/13, 9 lb 5 oz. 21.5 in

• I usually lurk but wanted to tell you that if this crib was in your church's nursery, don't take it!  I work full time in the Children's Ministry at my church and can't even begin to tell you about the abuse that those cribs take.  I would be very concerned about it holding up.  I finally got rid of our crib in our nursery at church because people would allow their 5 year olds in there who weighed way too much.  I have nothing against hand-me-down stuff, but not if it came from the nursery (or cry room if that is what your church calls it)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks, ya'll.  You confirmed what I already knew.  I got excited about not having to buy a crib, at first.  But when I can get a crib for about$150 that's totally up to safety standards, I can't really whine about the money thing.

Thanks, PinkPear for pointing that out about the church nursery.  I guess it will be a thanks, but no thanks on this one.

Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"