Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

If you've left your toddler...

DH and I are going on vacation sans bebe tomorrow for 5 nights. We have left her before for weekends but never this long. I'm not worried about her (MIL is watching her and she watches her once a week anyway) but I know I'm going to miss her like crazy :(. I'm worried that this is going to create separation anxiety. Anyone have any experience with this?
"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut

Re: If you've left your toddler...

• Options

We are planning on doing this this summer as well, so I don't have any advice yet.  You know your daughter will be fine, so just try to relax and have fun.  Leaving will be the hard part, but it will be all up hill from there because you are on vacation!  Have fun!!

BTW: Your daughter is adorable and I LOVE her little dress and jacket!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

No advice from me...I've only been away from DS for one night - mostly because the situation has never presented itself for us to leave for longer.

Anyway, my FIL and SMIL are going to take DS overnight in late April and I'm already having anxiety over it. LOL 

I think the bottom line is that it will be harder on you than it is on the LO!

And, chances are, LO won't even remember the fact that you were gone for five days!

I like privacy. A lot.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We left DD for 5 night last month. She stayed with my mom and stepdad and also my brother and SIL. She didn't even miss us. 

I missed her like crazy and called everyday to check in (I was bored, DH was at a conference). She was always playing and having great time, no time to talk to mama, lol.

Just make sure you pack lots of comfort/familiar items if she is going to someone else's house. We packed her blankie (of course) but also her crib blanket and lovies from her crib even though she has some at my mom's.

I am sure she'll do great! It will be harder on YOU than anyone. Just try to remember she is in good hands, probably getting spoiled and having a blast. Enjoy your time away! 

• Options
    We left DD for a week in Dec. and I was worried about the same thing- but it was fine once we got away :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"