Austin Babies

The Back-up Plan

I want to hurt throw something every time I see the trailer for this movie, which is a lot. 

Does anyone else think that it looks completely stupid and insensitive? First of all, I feel like it trivializes a woman's desire to have a child, which I find ironic since J.Lo did IVF and all. She's all "Whoopsie, I got inseminated <frownie face>...". Then I keep thinking "Why would any woman who just got artificially inseminated start dating right then - much less, a complete doofus like this guy?"  And then there are the obligatory clips of clueless men dealing with pregnancy or fatherhood in ways that make me cringe for the future of our country. Finally, someone had the brilliant idea to top it off with a tasteless joke where a BRU employee refers to babies as "fatties."

Vent over. 

Business Cat. image

Re: The Back-up Plan

• It sounds horrible.  
  • Eh I chalk it up to being a "brainless movie" you know the movies you go to see because you don't have to put any thought process into it, it isn't sad, and its a chick flick. Even though I know I won't see it.
  • Loading the player...
  • It sounds stupid on many, many levels.  I personally boycott anything J. Lo does anyway.  I think she's annoying.
  • Has Jlo ever been in anything good? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAustinAggie:
    It sounds stupid on many, many levels.  I personally boycott anything J. Lo does anyway.  I think she's annoying.

ditto, I refuse to see anything with her in it.  she's a horrible actress and don't even get me started on her singing.

• imagessinca:

imageAustinAggie:
    It sounds stupid on many, many levels.  I personally boycott anything J. Lo does anyway.  I think she's annoying.

ditto, I refuse to see anything with her in it.  she's a horrible actress and don't even get me started on her singing.

I loved her in Selena. Embarrassed  I'll watch it every time it's on.

• I thought the preview looked kind of funny Embarrassed

But I also think The Hangover and Talladega Nights were hilarious movies.  Not exactly intellectual and sensitive movies.  But still funny.

• imagejessicaskyy:
    Has Jlo ever been in anything good? 

Mi Familia (also known as "My Family")

Out of Sight

Jack

Selena-- It's not the best movie by a longshot, but she was awesome as Selena.

Maid in Manhattan and Monster-In-Law were pretty entertaining.

• I really liked that movie that she was in where she was a wedding planner.  I think it might have been called "The Wedding Planner"...?

I just saw the trailer out of the corner of my eye this morning, and my first thought was that it was going to be a brainless take on artificial insemination.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"