Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

People are so weird..

Some of you may have read some of my other posts about all the random comments (sometimes rude) I get when I'm out with DD..well we got another one tonight..while standing in the produce section waiting for DH to get veggies, a man walks over to me and DD (who is sitting in cart in one of those cart cover seats) and says "OH my gosh is that a real baby?!" I looked at him like c'mon dude are you kidding me...he then went on to "Pet" DD's head and tried to flaten her mowhawk!! After that he told me she looked like a little doll and is too small to sit in the cart. Thank you strange man who knows nothing about my baby, I do not need your parenting advice! Seriously do I attrack the weirdos?? Luckily DH came over and scared him away hehe.

Re: People are so weird..

• Options

If anyone attempts to touch my baby and I don't know them they are getting a pissed off Heather1979 right up in their grill.

I can ignore verbal stupidity. I get comments often that LO is a peanut, tiny, small, etc. Sometimes I clarify that she was a preemie, sometimes I just act like I didn't hear what they said.

• Options
    Weird!  Thankfully, all I get when I'm out is lots of people saying "kawaii" (cute) and shaking his hand.  I've even had people stop what they're doing at work and get all their co-worker friends to come and look at him.  I even had one lady literally stamp her feet and squeal in delight. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My mom, baby T and I were at Barnes and Noble and a random lady asked to hold T...I told her No and she said Good for you!  Was it a test? so odd....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Having twins I get the same weirdos. I went to the grocery store the other day to get 6 things but so many people were stopping me to ask ridiculous questions it took me 45 min. Mind your business people!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMy_Kid_is_RAD!:
    My mom, baby T and I were at Barnes and Noble and a random lady asked to hold T...I told her No and she said Good for you!  Was it a test? so odd....

LOL..seems like she was testing you. What if you had said yes? haha

• Options
    I haven't seen your other posts, but How weird. Your LO is adorable! I don't see why someone would ask such an odd question.
  • Options
    I have to say, MamaDreon, that you have had more than your fair share of odd stranger experiences lately!! I am pretty new around here and I remember reading 3 or 4 recently. That stinks! I hate idiot strangers, especially the ones that feel the need to touch DS. Hands off! Especially since he sticks his hands in his mouth- if I don't know you, don't touch him or his hands! Oh, and some a** at Gymboree called DS stick out ears :( I was inches from smacking him!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imageMamaDreon77:
    Some of you may have read some of my other posts about all the random comments (sometimes rude) I get when I'm out with DD..well we got another one tonight..while standing in the produce section waiting for DH to get veggies, a man walks over to me and DD (who is sitting in cart in one of those cart cover seats) and says "OH my gosh is that a real baby?!" I looked at him like c'mon dude are you kidding me...he then went on to "Pet" DD's head and tried to flaten her mowhawk!! After that he told me she looked like a little doll and is too small to sit in the cart. Thank you strange man who knows nothing about my baby, I do not need your parenting advice! Seriously do I attrack the weirdos?? Luckily DH came over and scared him away hehe.

Okay, I have to say, I kinda did a double-take reading that sentence... then I saw your new siggy pic and realized that G has the same hairstyle as Evelyn! Crazy! And I've had some weirdo people try to touch her hair, too... I'm always flattening her "mohawk"... hehehe! I wonder what DH would say if I tried to spike it up a bit... Wink

ETA: I also get a load of comments about "There once was a girl, who had a little curl, right in the middle of her forehead!" cuz the front part tends to curl back a bit.... bah!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"