Pregnant after a Loss
Options

RP from PAL... T&P Request...

Ok, so the pediatrician called us this afternoon and told us that Harper failed the newborn screening for Cystic Fibrosis.... we are terrified...

I just got back from taking her to the children's hospital for further testing.

They have told us that sometimes the nurses get in a hurry and do the testing wrong.  Thus, there is a significant level of false positives.  Of course, this doesn't really help when I am here holding my precious little one worried that she has a long road ahead of her... and not knowing the answers.

It may take us 3 to 4 weeks to know the results of her tests.... but would you please say a prayer for her.... we are just so scared for her.... please give me some strength to not lose my mind with worry.......

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: RP from PAL... T&P Request...

• Options
    Loads of T&P coming your way. I really hope it was a false positive. 
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • Options
    Much <3, and t&p's coming ur way! ((hugs))
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sending lots of T&Ps for you and little Harper! Are you or DH carriers? Did you have any genetic testing previously?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Oh hun, I am so sorry to hear this. I hope the test results are wrong and she is a perfectly healthy little girl. I will be praying for you!

• Options
    You are in my thoughts and prayers, for sure.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
  • Options
    Oh my goodness Alice! You poor thing and Harper too! Sending TONS of T&P your way!!! I hope it was a false positive, please update us as soon as you know the results.
    BFP #1: 10/17/08 EDD: 6/24/09-missed m/c; d&c on 12/8/08 BFP #2: 11/7/09 EDD: 7/15/10-Cabe born on 7/9/10 BFP #3: 10/7/11 EDD: 6/20/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker A Butterfly lies beside us like a sunbeam and for a brief moment, its beauty and glory belong to our world. But then it flies on again. And though we wish it could have stayed we feel so lucky to have seen it. In loving memory of MrsTyson's precious Julia.
  • Options

Wait! Didn't you have the test to see if you were a carrier when you were pregnant? Why would they test her for it? I think I missed a pp. Is there any problems right now?

I will def say a prayer for her! You will be in my thoughts!

• Options
    Lots of prayers for baby Harper.
  • Options
    imageHeidisean:

Wait! Didn't you have the test to see if you were a carrier when you were pregnant? Why would they test her for it? I think I missed a pp. Is there any problems right now?

We didn't do the CF testing... my doctor didn't recommend it based upon family history.... they are required, in the State of Kentucky to test every newborn.  Most states do, they just don't mention it to you unless you get a positive test.

She doesn't seem to have any problems, but it is early and most signs wont occur until after she is 4 - 6 weeks...

• Options
    Hang in there...lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way.
  • Options
    I am so sorry. Sending lots of T&P to you and little Harper.
  • Options
    imageabartane:
    imageHeidisean:

We didn't do the CF testing... my doctor didn't recommend it based upon family history.... they are required, in the State of Kentucky to test every newborn.  Most states do, they just don't mention it to you unless you get a positive test.

She doesn't seem to have any problems, but it is early and most signs wont occur until after she is 4 - 6 weeks...

I will def say a prayer. In my practice it is mandatory that is why I asked but I am in PA. I really hope those damn nurses get their act together because if it were one of their kids I am sure it would have been done accurately. The next few weeks are going to be crazy for you but beautiful Harper will keep you busy! Lots of T and P!

• Options
    As always, praying for strength for you, Alex, and Harper...Much love.
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, tons of T&P coming your way.  
  • Options
    Lots & lots of T&P's coming Harpers way!!!
  • Options
    I will definitely keep your family in my T&Ps.  I hope the results come in quicker than expected and that it was a false positive.
  • Options
    How nerve wracking.... she's in my T&P
  • Options

This happened to my sister when my niece was born.  Her pedi pushed to get her in at Riley for a sweat test.  I think it took a week to get in for the appt, and she had results the next day.  I'd see if you (or your pedi) can push to get this resolved faster.

My niece ended up being a carrier for CF, but not having the actual condition.  I hope this is your outcome, but I am so sorry that you a going through this.  The waiting put my sis through hell. Definitely sending the T&Ps your way.

• Options
    Oh honey, lots of T&P to you and your little girl.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I just want to give you a world as beautiful as you are to me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I am saying a mountain of prayers for her.  I am so sorry you have to go through any of this.  <3
    Bunny 05.2008//mc 9.2009//Bubba 07.2010//mc 10.2011//
    Bloggin' It
  • Options
    Lots of T&P for you and Harper, and I'm hoping it was a false positive. Keep us updated.
    My Cooking Blog

Avery Corinne - Born 7/9/10 at 37w2d
  • Options
    Sending tonnes of positive thoughts & prayers your way, Baby Harper!!
  • Options
    Oh Alice I hope that it is a testing error
    You will be in my thoughts & prayers (((HUGS)))
    Summer 2011
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers ~early M/C 4/09 ~ Ectopic 6/09~ BFP 11/09~
  • Options
    O no how scary!! I pray the nurse did the test wrong!
  • Options

I'm sorry you're having to go through this Alice!

Sending lots and lots of prayers that it's just a mistake and everything is fine with your precious little girl.   ((HUGS))

• Options
    Hoping that it is a false positive!  Tons of T&Ps your way!!!!
  • Options
    Sending lots of T&Ps to you and your precious Harper.  (((hugs)))
  • Options
    your little girl's in my prayers. i also pray for strength for you & your DH. i hope it was a false positive
  • Options
    Tons of T&P's coming your way...I really hope that it was just some sort of testing error.  I'm so sorry you're having to go through this!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Oh no Alice! I can imagine how scared and worried you are right now. I will be sending tons and tons of prayers your way that it ends up just being a false positive.
    Missed MC 1 - 11/21/2006 Missed MC 2 - 03/10/2008 BFP # 3 09/18/09 - Gabriel David born 05/11/2010 baby
  • Options
    oh Alice . .. so sorry for the scare.  You are in my T&P's.  "please God, keep Harper safe . . . she is so loved"
  • Options
    thinking of you and Harper and your DH - keep us posted.
    m/c#1 07/16/08 (11 weeks), m/c#2 10/10/08 (8 weeks). and then nothing since except every test possible (no answers). IUI#1 and #2: BFNs Super lucky to be buddies with Peetie. Our out of nowhere, surprise DD born 5/29/2011
  • Options
    Oh Alice, I'm sorry for the scare and I hope its just that.  Big hugs and prayers coming your way!
  • Options
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  Hang in there.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers mc #1 2/17/06 mc#2 8/3/06 mc #3 9/7/09
  • Options
    JenyMJenyM member
    Sending t&p your way Alice! Praying it's just a false positive.
    BFP#1 missed m/c-d&c 10/27/08, BFP#2 BO-natural m/c 5/15/09, BFP#3 8/12/09-DS born 4/2010, BFP#4=TWINS-missed m/c&d/c 6/15/11, BFP#4 11/22/11- please stay with me
  • Options
    I'll be thinking about your family and sweet Harper.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

miscarriage at 8 weeks - August 2009
  • Options

Oh Alice, I really hope it's just a false positive..will keep all of you in my prayers.

• Options
    Praying for both strength and peace for you and Alex. Your little girl is blessed, and I will be praying for test results that show she is healthy and perfect! Sending lots of (((hugs))) for you!!!
  • Options
    Lots of PT's coming yours and Harper's way.
    Marie, wife to Ron, mom to DS
  • Options
    {{hugs}}  Lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"