Success after IF
Options

So fed up with ear infections

Matt was just diagnosed with his 6th ear infection since December. Hes been on three rounds of antibiotics just in March alone. He was scheduled to have tubes put in on April 12th, which was a light at the end of the tunnel.

The ENTs office called yesterday to tell me that the surgeon scheduled somebody else on the 12th of April for 8am, and that it will be a 4 hour surgery. They wanted to bump Matt after that, and he's not allowed to eat after midnight. Umm..I don't think so. There's no way in hell that I'm going to be able to keep him from eating for that long.

So, now his surgery is bumped until April 30th. Why wouldn't they do the 4 hour surgery after they put Matt's tubes in, especially considering that his surgery will take 10 mins tops? Now we'll have to have him on God only knows how many more rounds of antibiotics, and my poor baby has to suffer.

TTC for 19 months. Dx: PCOS. 3 IUI's with Clomid= BFN 1st IUI with injectables= BFP imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: So fed up with ear infections

• Options

Oh poor baby. Jake is getting over his second ear infection in 2 months, and I asked the doc if he's going to be one of those ear infection kids...she said hopefully with the weather getting better and less winter germs around he won't get any more. I hope so.

I wish Matt the best and hope those tubes make all the difference!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you. Hopefully Jake won't get chronic ear infections. I hope that the nicer weather makes a difference for both of our little guys.
    TTC for 19 months. Dx: PCOS. 3 IUI's with Clomid= BFN 1st IUI with injectables= BFP imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh, I'm sorry! Toodle has been on antibiotics 5 times since December and is about to start another round probably (DH wanted to wait so pediatrician said to give it a few days and see if he feels better if we prefer but I'm pretty sure we'll have to get him on them again). No one has recommended tubes yet but I see us getting there. No fun at all. So sorry you got postponed for the surgery.
    *** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • Options

imageschmoodle:
    Ugh, I'm sorry! Toodle has been on antibiotics 5 times since December and is about to start another round probably (DH wanted to wait so pediatrician said to give it a few days and see if he feels better if we prefer but I'm pretty sure we'll have to get him on them again). No one has recommended tubes yet but I see us getting there. No fun at all. So sorry you got postponed for the surgery.

I hate that our little ones have to be on antibiotics so much. I was so happy (although, nervous..i'm an anxious person) that he would be having tubes put in, and now we have to wait another 2.5 weeks. I know it isn't that long, but it's just longer that I have to anxiously await. I hope Toodle starts feeling better soon, too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"