Working Moms
Options

Question for HR moms...

I just was offered a new job (::squeeee::) contingent on a background check.

I'm not really worried, just curious... what are "dealbreaker" results on background checks where you work?   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Question for HR moms...

• Options
    I don't work in HR but I work in the defense industry and if someone has something in their background that would make them not able to obtain a clearance ( bad credit, criminal history, etc...) it could be a deal breaker.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    For most people (non-cleared folks) the real deal breakers are things that the person did not put on their application.  If the position deals with money or people's sensitive information bad credit would be a deal breaker.

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Loading the player...
  • Options

For the most part, they're generally looking for 2 things. 1-anything you didn't admit on your application and 2-history of violent crimes, theft-stuff of that nature. Generally companies take into account when an offense happen-so for example something that happened 10-15 years ago may not be looked down upon as much as something that happened last year. If someone got arrested for 2 drug charges within the past 6 months I probably wouldn't hire them but if that happened 5 years ago, it would most likely be a different story.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with PPs.  We look to confirm that the information (education, work history, etc.) on the application is correct, and the criminal background check to ensure someone is safe.  If it's a position where someone will be driving regularly we also do a DMV check to ensure that they don't have a ton of tickets/violations, etc.  As long as you haven't broken any major laws lately, and were honest on your application--I'd say you are probably just fine.  Good luck with the new job!
  • Options

What they are looking for may vary based on the type of job.  I have worked at various jobs that did background checks (including an airport where the background check was obviously pretty stringent).

Most companies, from my experience, are looking to make sure you have not violated laws (outside of minor traffic violations) and you were truthful on your application. 

I have had applicants who "forgot" to mention DUIs on their application and the background check showed that; we had to retract our offer.  Stupid part is that if they had disclosed it, we would have still hired them as the DUI was not a deal breaker.

DD#1 11/7/04 DS#1 6/24/06 Chemical Pregnancy 6/08 DD#2 1/28/10 after secondary infertility, Clomid, & acupuncture missed m/c 6/2010 at 8 weeks (baby stopped growing @ 5.5) DS born sleeping 1/13/2011 due to cord accident at 22 weeks. DD#3 3/10/2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"