Success after IF

i haven't pumped since monday

and i actually turned in my rented pump to the hospital today. 

i feel pretty good physically, but so unbelievably guilty.  i have enough BM frozen to last another month or 2.  i just feel like they're preemies; i should have kept pumping.  i felt so bad today i seriously considered trying to re-lactate.

but between working full-time and law school 3 nights a week, pumping didn't leave much time with the babies.

did anyone else feel this way?  is this normal or am i totally crazy?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: i haven't pumped since monday

• I BF'd for like 2 minutes on each side this morning for the first time since Saturday (and only because my boobs were killing me)....so I am feeling similarly....but I have to admit that I am also happy that I can eat whatever I want now (G has a milk allergy so I had to watch my dairy).  I'm glad I stuck with it as long as I did but yes, I have some sadness too.  I didn't expect AT ALL to be as attached to it as I became.

But, there are going to be lots of firsts, lasts, and phases for the next 18+ years so I'm just trying to keep that in mind and actually see it as positive progression instead of missing it.

Hang in there!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think you are normal! Go you that you have that much milk! My supply sucks and I haven't been able to store anything. I think you need to make the best decision for you and your family! It sounds like you have a lot on your plate and taking off pumping is a good idea. Don't feel crazy! Pumping takes a lot of time away from babies it's hard to hold and pump! Stand by your decision :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Do not feel guilty!!! You did a great job and you are BUSY!!!
    imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I went through those guilty phases as I almost quit a few times.  But once I decided to quit for good, I had no guilt.  There just wasn't time in the day, and if I did find time, one or both babies would scream the minute I got hooked up.  I feel okay with my decision, but couldn't say that a few weeks ago.

You did amazing.  Seriously.  I only lasted 7 weeks.  Don't feel guilty!  It's so hard with twins!

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I have not pumped for 48 hours either.  I've been EPing since July so it was a LONG time coming.

I know how you feel about the guilt.   Even though we have more than enough frozen milk to get her past her 1yr birthday, I feel guilty because she won't be getting "fresh" milk anymore.

You'd think the freedom would outweigh the guilt, but it's not that easy.  

If you're crazy then I'm crazy too!  :)  

Megan Hope 2yrs 3months

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• imagePsychedForBaby:
    I have not pumped for 48 hours either.  I've been EPing since July so it was a LONG time coming.

I know how you feel about the guilt.   Even though we have more than enough frozen milk to get her past her 1yr birthday, I feel guilty because she won't be getting "fresh" milk anymore.

You'd think the freedom would outweigh the guilt, but it's not that easy.  

If you're crazy then I'm crazy too!  :)  

i guess we're both crazy.  your daughter is beautiful, BTW.  :)

• thanks, ladies, for the support.  i feel better already.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"