Success after IF
Options

f/u to fuming...wwyd post from last night

If anyone cares :)  This is regarding the post last night about my DH possibly having to be away for the weekend 11 days past EDD, the same weekend as my 30th birthday, for his brother's bachelor party because some of the other groomsmen were arguing with the original date at a later time.

First because many of you asked, DH doesn't really want to go at all at anytime after the baby is born.  In fact, he's already worried about having to go back to work for a few hours after she's here.  He would have preferred to do an evening out in the city like most bachelor parties.  However, that's not what his brother wants and he's trying to a good brother and best man.  He was just as upset as I was the date changes BUT he's one that doesn't like to make waves and was afraid to upset anyone.  He just didn't know how to handle it best.

He ended up e-mailing the others and said we either do it on a different date or I can't be there and that he refused to leave his wife and new baby that soon after birth.  I didn't see their replies but from what I understand they were all ok with that and decided to go ahead with the original date over father's day weekend. 

While we'd both rather him not be gone then either, we know that I'll have family in town to help me at that point and he'll be able to give his brother what he wants.

Whew!! I'm so relieved.

TTC since 05 :( Dh diagnosed with azoospermia. Unsuccessful reconstructive surgery in 07-08. IVF w/ ICSI #1: BFP! 1 strong heartbeat and 1 lost twin @ 2nd U/S...bittersweet Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: f/u to fuming...wwyd post from last night

• Options
    Glad it all worked out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sounds like a better solution! Glad he was agreeable to that!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is good news; I am glad that you guys got it figured out.
    Nothing to see here....
  • Options
    Well, that's great news that it got resolved & both you and his brother are happy!
  • Options
    Glad to hear it!!
  • Options
    Good job DH!!!!
  • Options
    I am so glad! That is the last thing you need to be stressing out about, and that time is hard for dads too!
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear things were resolved.  (I do wonder, though, is he really going to be okay with missing his very first Father's Day with his LO?  I'd hate to be in his position!)
  • Options
    i'm sorry that the timing didn't turn out to be more ideal for you, but yay for your dh for saying something!!  i'm glad you feel better.
    Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
    LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
    LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
    Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I didn't get to respond last night, but I read your post and was fuming for you! I'm really glad you got it all worked. My DH is in a similar situation - his BF is getting married in Sept. Bachelor party is out of state weekend in Miami 3 weeks after we have our baby. He declined and talked to his BF about it who totally understood. We are sending money with another guy to spend on the groom. He's not the BM though, so I can see why your DH felt like he had to go.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm glad it all worked out!
  • Options
    Good!!! That makes me happy too!!!
  • Options
    What crystalgirl said .. I hope he can get home that Sunday afternoon?  Regardless, I'm glad things are making at least a little more sense now (are any of the other guys dads?)
    Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"