Cincinnati Babies
Options

Doctor- To call or not to call

Elena has had a low fever (100.5) on and off for the past few days.  She has been acting fine other than the fever and a lack of appetite (also off and on).  I hate to call the doctor for just a fever but I'm not sure what to do.  Daycare has sent her home twice this week for a fever and she has to stay gone for 24 hours.  It is frustrating because I am pretty sure it is just teething.  Would you try to get her an appointment tomorrow?

Re: Doctor- To call or not to call

• Options
    Seeing as it has been several days and that it is interfering with her attending daycare, I would call.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would call since it's been going on for more than one day.  Hope she's feeling better soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I would call too, since it's interfering with daycare.  If the doctor's office thinks it's nothing, they should write a note to that effect.

FWIW, Tyler was running a fever like that for several days too.  He ended up with a rash and finally the fever broke.  Just see what your pedi says.  When I asked the pedi about teething, he said fevers are really only associated with teething within "a day or two of eruption" -- so unless you think teeth are coming tomorrow or the next day, I don't think it's teething related.  JMO.

Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"