Parenting after 35
Options

Question about sleep position

For napping that is. Sydney is still swaddled at night in her Halo sleep sack (which she is quickly outgrowing but that's another story). For daytime naps we have been either napping in my arms or in her swing. The last two days, my mom has been encouraging me to put her in her crib. I hadn't been because she would either wake up immediately or after five minutes. 

So... today, I think we are on to something! She is on her third nap today - in her crib! I am getting about an hour a pop! Only problem is that I am doing what my mom did. Laying her down (pretty much asleep) with a blanket. I put her down and then roll up a little of the excess blanket and tuck it under her back. This positions her on her side (a little).

Here's the question... do you think it's ok if I put her down with a blanket if I am watching her on the monitor? I would NEVER put her to sleep for the night this way, just to clarify.  

TIA for your advice and sorry if I rambled on!

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Question about sleep position

• Options
    I do the same thing with Gracie during naps...in her crib covered with a blanket. I check on her often. I would never do that at night.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Same here.

Aaron LOVES blankets... I wish I felt comfortable letting him sleep with one at night. But I think it's after 1 year that my pedi says OK to them.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No advice. I just adore looking at Sydney and her mohawk!! : ) SO.CUTE!
    click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks girlies!!!

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Same here, Callie loves a blanket too, I check often and pull it off when she is sound asleep
  • Options

Do you have an afghan or other loose-weave blanket?  Our pedi advised us to use something like that that wouldn't smother, although I think DD was a bit older that Sydney when we asked.

PS - That mohawk is fantastic!!!

DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
  • Options

Wish I could help, C naps in her swing. Her head hitting a sheet is like a jolt of caffeine to her.

I think you are OK. I have let C nap with blankets before (on the few occasions she had napped in a bed), I just check on her frequently and make sure her hands are outside of the blanket otherwise she will have it up in her face.

• Options
    imagepahokie:

Do you have an afghan or other loose-weave blanket?  Our pedi advised us to use something like that that wouldn't smother, although I think DD was a bit older that Sydney when we asked.

PS - That mohawk is fantastic!!!

This for both the blanket and the mohawk. My aunt made Maddie an afghan that we use in her crib. She didn't seem to need one, but I had decided that is what I would give her if she did. I did use the gauzy waffle weave swaddle blankets in her crib. They are also very breathable.

If you can get something you are comfortable with I would definately do that so you don't have to feel like you have to watch the monitor every second and can actually do something you can't with her there or just have some "me time" while she naps.

• Options

Honestly, Charlie has always slept with a warm blanket and he loves it.   Fortunately, he's a blanket kicker, not a puller.  And I've found that the thicker ones actually don't tangle up in his legs like smaller blankets do.  We leave it down around his waist and it works well for him. 

As for sleep position, he's a tummy sleeper almost exclusively now.  He just cries and cries if we put him on his back or his side, but he'll go right out if he's on his tummy.

My only concern is that he creeps in his sleep now and sometimes ends up in the corner of his crib.  But the funny thing is that he usually bumps up against his seahorse and I'll wake up to the music playing.  Seahorse as baby alarm is working well.  But other than that, he really doesn't move much while sleeping.

I'm a bad mommy, I know!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"