Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Anyone try the shettles method and have any luck?

I know it's silly, but I'd love a little girl next time and I was wondering if there was any realism behind this said method.

Don't get me wrong, i'd be happy to have another little boy...but i'm the type to keep trying until I get a girl haha.

Thanks! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone try the shettles method and have any luck?

• Options

i never heard of it until here and haven't tried it, but dh's boss told him about it and now he's all ampped to try for a boy, lol. 

we *might* try this for fun...you know the same way you pee on the ingender tests or use the Chinese gender chart to determine sex.  

• Options
    I did it with boths kids successfully.  I have one of each sex.  But I also did the entire program, not just the timing sex with ovulation part that everyone thinks of as shettles.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    yes, i'm curious too. What is the full program?
  • Options
    We did and it worked. 
  • Options

a friend has been trying the ovulation timing part of it and hasnt been able to get pg at all so now she is just forgetting about it. she has 2 girls and would like a boy.

• Options
    We will see in about 3 months...:)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
  • Options

Good, im going to get the book.

My sister just planted in my head that she see's me having 2 boys, so now I just have to prove her wrong haha.

• Options
    It worked for DD [sex like 4 days before ovulation] and maybe this time? we had sex 3 or 4 days before ovulation again and I have a feeling it's a girl.
    2 losses
    2 beautiful children
    proud mommy!
  • Options

we used shettles for a boy with max.  it worked.

ETA: i'd also recommend getting Taking Charge of Your Fertility.

• Options

Our first month TTC we used the method as much as we could tell. I had only used OPKs and we had sex the day after a positive OPK test w/o protection. I was hoping we managed to catch O the day of but we'll really never know, even though we are indeed having a boy.

This pregnancy also started out as twins so who knows if Twin B was a girl or another boy......

• Options
    I can let you know next Thursday.  We had sex 3 days before ovulation so then we "should" be having a girl.  I'm kind of excited to know if it worked for us or not!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I tried the Shettles Method of timed intercourse for a boy and as you can see from my ticker, it did not work. 

We had sex the day after my first + OPK and the following day (I also got a +OPK that day).  According to Fertility friend, I O'ed the second day. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"