Trouble TTC
Options

~~Sonadora~~

Just curious, what type of law do you practice?  (If you don't mind sharing, that is. :)  I'm in real estate law myself.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ~~Sonadora~~

• Options
    STL34STL34 member
    ::butting in:: Its nice to see that I'm not the only stressed out lawyer on the board.::butting out::

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Options

Haha - Nope!!  I think there are a few others too.

Edit - STL, what type of law are you in?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    STL34STL34 member
    Corporate/business transactional (everything from corporate/business organization, to nonprofit organization/governance to asset purchase/stock purchase, to public/private finance, to franchise and distribution).

imageimage

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

• Options

::butts in and raises hand as another stressed out lawyer::

I practice human rights law (I'm a prosecutor).

• Options

STL - Interesting - I did a tiny bit of that at a prior company - real estate is more up my alley though.

Sail - I knew one thing going into law school - I wanted to avoid going to court at all costs.  I have a terrible fear of public speaking!  I'm envious that you are able to do on a day to day basis!

• Options
    STL34STL34 member
    imagegymnst1013:

Sail - I knew one thing going into law school - I wanted to avoid going to court at all costs.  I have a terrible fear of public speaking!  I'm envious that you are able to do on a day to day basis!

This.  Kudos to you!  The closest I get to anything litigation/court room related is drafting/negotiating a settlement agreement and reviewing/providing input on arguments/complaints in my subject area.

ETA - Gym, we have a separate real estate department, so I don't do much other than integrate their pieces into our overal transaction or plan.  However, it is very interesting.

imageimage

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

• Options
    imagegymnst1013:

It still scares me a lot :)

Real estate law is great because there are tons of in-house positions.

• Options
    imageSTL34:
    imagegymnst1013:

This.  Kudos to you!  The closest I get to anything litigation/court room related is drafting/negotiating a settlement agreement and reviewing/providing input on arguments/complaints in my subject area.

ETA - Gym, we have a separate real estate department, so I don't do much other than integrate their pieces into our overal transaction or plan.  However, it is very interesting.

That would be absolutely the closest I would want to come to it as well.  I really feel like I'm better suited to legal research than anything.  Fortunately, my jobs have never involved litigation - working with title insurance underwriters, most of our transactions take place in other states, so we always hire local outside counsel when we need to defend an insured.

• Options

I'm married to a stressed out (first year associate!) lawyer.. does that count? 

He does business defense work and loves the court room/arguing.

**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Options
    imageladipale:

Definitely!  Some people are just born to be in a courtroom - I really wish I was one of them!

• Options
    imageladipale:

First and second year are the hardest...there is so much pressure! I'm glad your husband loves it though, that helps.

• Options
    Sorry, just saw this! I'm a tax lawyer.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"