Austin Babies
Options

s/o rave: super fast chicken curry

I've been meaning to post this and angie&doc's thread reminded me.

Whenever I go to the HEB on Anderson Mill/ 183, I (literally) pick up about 5 of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Kitchens-India-Butter-Chicken-3-5-Ounce/dp/B000V17MLS

(for those of you who are trying to cut back on processed food, I checked the ingredients for ya and all of the stuff in there you would find on your cooking/spice aisle)

Right next to those are pre-made palak paneer (spinach w/ cheese) and mix to make naan. 

I just thaw some chicken the night before and when Jon gets home, I throw water on to boil for basmati, cut up the chicken and cook it in the curry paste, roll out the naan to cook (made the dough in about 3 minutes 30 min before he gets home) while the curry is simmering, and voila, dinner in 30 minutes. That's 10 minutes prep time (and that's a stretch) and 20 minutes of cooking. 

100% win.

Re: s/o rave: super fast chicken curry

• Options

and i'll tack on to this w/ tonight's dinner.

I'm just doing pork chops dredged in parmesean, egg wash then panko crumbs. pan fried and then into the oven to bake.  In the meantime, I get the premade polenta (found on the pasta aisle) and warm it up w/ milk, cream cheese and parmesean. I serve it w/ green peas on the side. 

Tomorrow night it's just sliced potatoes w/ a cheese sauce and cubed ham mixed in. Oh, and there's some onion in there, too. 

• Options

Wow, fancy dinners! 

Um, what exactly is polenta?  I mean, what does it taste like?  

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OMG I know!  I tried this stuff about 2 mos ago and I'm hooked - I cook this about once every two weeks.  I can't get enough of it!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    btw where do you get the naan dough?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagebalihaigirl:
    OMG I know!  I tried this stuff about 2 mos ago and I'm hooked - I cook this about once every two weeks.  I can't get enough of it!!

yeah...we eat it every week. Embarrassed

the naan dough is a dry mix, you just add warm milk. it's in a purple box and on the same end cap as the other curry pastes, etc. i just used my last one last night- so I can't tell you the name, but next time i pick some up, i'll post. 

i have made it 3 times now and last night worked out the best. i made the dough a little more wet than required (adding a tad more milk). 

• Options
    imageDuckie07:

Wow, fancy dinners! 

Um, what exactly is polenta?  I mean, what does it taste like?  

it is cooked corn meal. it tastes just like (minus any spices) the stuff that wraps around tamales. basically, just fancy grits. 

you can slice it and bread it (i use polenta) and then pan fry. we do that when serving pork tenderloin w/ a wine sauce. 

OR, you can add some kind of milk, water, cream and then it's like a mashed potato substitute. 

• Options

imagemcurban:

it is cooked corn meal. it tastes just like (minus any spices) the stuff that wraps around tamales. basically, just fancy grits. 

you can slice it and bread it (i use polenta) and then pan fry. we do that when serving pork tenderloin w/ a wine sauce. 

OR, you can add some kind of milk, water, cream and then it's like a mashed potato substitute. 

Grits, eh?  Never had 'em.  Hmm, sounds interesting, but it also sounds like it's flavorless.  I guess I'll have to try it sometime.

imageimage
  • Options
    imageDuckie07:

Grits, eh?  Never had 'em.  Hmm, sounds interesting, but it also sounds like it's flavorless.  I guess I'll have to try it sometime.

unacceptable.

and yes, if you just had straight up polenta, it would taste like mush. that's where the delicious salt, cream cheese, parmesan and whatever else is in the cabinet comes in. 

• Options
    I bought this the other day when I was trying to remember which one had been mentioned before on the board. Looks like I bought the right one. Can't wait to try it!
    Our Christmas Eve baby>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"