Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Thinking of trying again

For those who do not remember me, I miscarried a surprised BFP last Sept.  At first I spent a week not sure if I was ready to a 2nd baby. Then I spent a week happy to have another. Then I miscarried. It hurt emotionally and physically. So since I've been on Anti-depressants and just started to ween myself off. Also I took my nuva ring out today.  My insurance changed so I refuse to pay the $50 a month for it. But I am now starting to feel excited about the idea of having another and being pregnant again. I just worry about m/c again. I know the dr says since I already have a healthy baby that there is no reason I can't have another, but it doesn't help in making me less scared.  For those who have m/c I am so so sorry for your loss. If you are trying again, is there any special tricks I can use to keep my mind from thinking about m/c again?

Re: Thinking of trying again

• Options
    I wonder about this too.  I'm still waiting for my first AF but I know I want to try again right away once she comes.  The fear does consume me though.  Sorry I have no advice just wanted you to know you're not alone in the way you feel.  Maybe the best thing to do is accept that we have no control over the situation and just take it a day at a time and see what happens.  I know that's a lot easier said than done though...
    Natural BFP - 2/13/10, Natural M/C - 3/9/10 (Missed m/c found at 8wks 4days) Prenatal B/W shows I'm a Beta Thal carrier & so is DH. Onto IVF w/PGD... Jan 2011 - IVF #1 - C/P Mar 2011 - IVF #2 - Day 5 PGD, no ET, 5 snow babies May 2011 - FET #1 - BFP!! Twins!!! 2/9/12 - Our precious miracles arrived! Baby A 7lbs 13oz & Baby B 5lbs 13oz
  • Options
    I'm not trying yet and I didn't have a m/c, but for me I already decided that I'm not going to spend my next pregnancy in fear. I know it will be very difficult, but it's a new baby and a new pregnancy and I can't make it go bad. What I learned with Aidan is that I have to appreciate every day even if it's only for a short time.  I hope this doesn't offend anyone.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think you have a really good outlook.  I just need figure out a way to make myself think that way. 
    Natural BFP - 2/13/10, Natural M/C - 3/9/10 (Missed m/c found at 8wks 4days) Prenatal B/W shows I'm a Beta Thal carrier & so is DH. Onto IVF w/PGD... Jan 2011 - IVF #1 - C/P Mar 2011 - IVF #2 - Day 5 PGD, no ET, 5 snow babies May 2011 - FET #1 - BFP!! Twins!!! 2/9/12 - Our precious miracles arrived! Baby A 7lbs 13oz & Baby B 5lbs 13oz
  • Options
    I"m honestly terrified of offending anyone because of my damn perky outlook. Yes it annoys me sometimes, but because of my situation I'm extremely thankful for the time that I had with Aidan in me and for the 8 days of his short life.  It's not an outlook that I got to quickly, but the more and more I thought about everything it made sense to me.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options

I know everyone on this board usually has the best intentions so I try to never get offended by what people say.  I think we can all benefit from seeing some perkiness around here every so often Big Smile

Between the m/c and worrying that any future child might have a genetic blood disorder I was really crippled by the fear of the future but this past weekend I just made a decision that I can't control what happens and there is nothing I can do to change it so I can't be miserable forever.  In pain yes, never forget yes, but not crippled by it.  I need to try to not worry until I have a specific reason to do so.  It sounds so great in my head and I really believe it but I'm just not there yet when it comes to feeling it in my heart.  I guess it takes time. 

• Options

imagemagdalina.h:
    I'm not trying yet and I didn't have a m/c, but for me I already decided that I'm not going to spend my next pregnancy in fear. I know it will be very difficult, but it's a new baby and a new pregnancy and I can't make it go bad. What I learned with Aidan is that I have to appreciate every day even if it's only for a short time.  I hope this doesn't offend anyone.

I will definitely have to keep this in mind when we decide to start trying! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you all for your comments. This is why I LOVE this board. So much support!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"