Northern California Babies
Options

a lil traumatized :-( (longish)

So two nights ago T spiked a 103 fever in the middle of the night.  We gave Motrin and it improved, and it was 102 without meds yesterday morning.  But by 4 it was 104 (without meds- I check before giving him his next dose) and he was just miserable, so I decided to take him to urgent care.

They were wonderful there, but poor T- he's not feeling well and in a strange environment and here come all these people to poke and prod him.  I've never seen him scream so much (well, since he got over being colicky).  And having to help the doc by holding his hands etc to allow her to examine him was tough.

They checked his O2 saturation and it gave them a little concern so they did a chest Xray to check for pneumonia.  Oh, that was awful- having to restrain him in this tube thing...   the xray was clear, so he probably had low O2 levels because he was crying so much when they checked it.

Anyway, they think he has something called herpangina which is basically a high fever with mouth sores (though he has no sores yet, but as far as I can tell his throat is definitely painful). 

Poor little guy.  I guess that was my initiation into the urgent medical care part of parenting.  :-(

Later last night he coughed so much he threw up.  Fortunately he seems a little better today.

sigh.  Just needed to vent 

Re: a lil traumatized :-( (longish)

• Options

Oh my! Poor T :-(

I'm so sorry A, I hope he feels better soon!

• Options
    Dear lord, that sounds awful! Let me know if I can do anything for you, bring you food, etc. Hugs to you and T!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Poor T, hope he feels better soon and I hope you and DH get over the trauma soon too!
    Happy Takes Work A family blog.
    Money Matters The other half's blog.
    EJ is growing up too fast!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sounds like a hard night for BOTH of you.  Hope he's feeling better asap!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    What an ordeal!  I hope he feels better soon!  And I hope you get some rest, I'm sure all of that wore you out.
  • Options
    So sorry to hear he is sick.  I know how you feel about the chest xray.  My DD and DS (at 5months) had to get a chest xray and be put in the tube thing.  It's so sad to have to hold their hands up in the air and have this tight plastic tube wrapped around thier body.  I felt so helpless for them.  Glad to hear your DS is feeling a little better.
  • Options

Ahhhh poor little guy and poor Mama. Chest xrays on the little ones are soooo not fun...well, any kind of medical procedure done on the little ones is no fun.

E is a big cougher -> puker. Hopefully he gave you enough warning that he was going to throw up that you were able to get him to the bathroom. :-(

Big hugs!

• Options
    I am so sorry!
  • Options

I'm so sorry.  C got sick like that last September and had 4 days of outrageous fever -- the lowest was 102 and sometimes that is as low as tyelenol could get it.  He puked up everything we tried to give him (meds included) except breastmilk.  We had to take him to the ER twice in one day and his o2 was really low too.  We later realized he had Roseola (thanks to tips from wonderful nesties!).  Those were the roughest days of parenting for me.  Even rougher than the newborn phase or when he later had croup or a stomach bug. 

It's so very scary to be the mama isn't it?  I hope you both feel better soon!

• Options
    Dude, that sounds awful! I'm so sorry! I hope T gets better SOON.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"