North Dakota Babies
Options

Concerned about lack of weight gain

I plan on talking to my doc about this next wednesday, but I got on the scale yesterday and I haven't gained anything in almost 2 wks. Should one be concerned???

I'm trying so hard to keep up w/my fluid up take, that I think my food intake is lacking. It's hard though, cuz when I drink the fluid it makes me full, so I dont want food. 

Re: Concerned about lack of weight gain

• Options

I would not worry about it, there were weeks I did not gain anything. If you do not mind me asking how much have you gained this far?

Have you measured your belly? I measure mine every week and even though I do not always gain weight, my belly in inches has grown :) 

• Options

I want to say I've gained around 25lbs, not that i'm afraid to say, I honestly have NO clue the exact weight I was when I first became pregnant. All I know is a rough figure, and I ignore the scale at the doc's office!!

I measured my belly yesterday, to see if it matches my days in weeks and it does (if I measured correctly)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I  don't know if this could be the case for you but a lot of times if you gain quickly in the beginning, the gaining slows down towards the end.  I wouldn't worry too much but def talk to your doc at your next appt.
  • Options
    When I was pregnant with Rowen I lost weight between 34 and 37 weeks.  The Dr told me it was completely normal to loose weight the last few weeks (I had him at 37 weeks).  If you have gained a good amount so far I'm sure the Dr won't be worried but do talk to them about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageAshleysred:
    I  don't know if this could be the case for you but a lot of times if you gain quickly in the beginning, the gaining slows down towards the end.  I wouldn't worry too much but def talk to your doc at your next appt.

That would be nice!! And I deff plan to talk about it at my appointment.

• Options
    I honestly think you are totally fine..I did not gain in the beginning because I was so sick, so now I am gaining my weight....My Dr says it is good to gain between 20-30 pounds so you are right with in the numbers, and since your belly is measuring good, I would not worry at all, but just to ease your mind I would ask at your next appt. Remember if your Dr is worried, he/she will say something to you...Just keep drinking your fluids and taking your vitamins....
  • Options
    awesome, thanks ladies Big Smile
  • Options

Nope, I've gained enough for you....Stick out tongue

I've read typically that in the last month or so, some people don't gain much....some even tend to lose.

• Options

imageAshleysred:

That was me. 

Ask your doctor, but don't stress in the meantime.  They look for other factors besides weight gain, like the belly (fundus) measurements. So s/he will be able to give you a clearer picture.

and chug! chug! chug! Smile

• Options
    I wouldnt worry too much, especially if youre measuring where you should be!  But it is a good idea to bring it up with the dr anyway!
  • Options
    I gained a lot of weight in the beginning, especially the start of the 2nd trimester.  I am like you though, I didn't know what I weighed when I got pregnant and I haven't been obsessing over the scale at my appts.  However, I do know that at my last appt on Monday, I hadn't gained anything in 2 weeks.  My doctor said that the baby is growing so much now, he's taking a lot of my calories and stuff, which means I am not putting on those extra pounds.  HTH! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"