North Dakota Babies
Options

XP: help w/label making

So my question is ladies, if you can help. I know how to print the labels if all the addresses are the same. However how do you do a sheet of labels when the addresses are all different?  I'm making labels for my BF wedding invitations, so each label will have a different name etc. Unlike return address labels that obviously have the same address for all.(hope this makes sense)

THanks

Re: XP: help w/label making

• Options

You should be able to go into word, click mailings and mail merge and select "Step by Step mail merge wizzard".

After that click the labels tab and the size of the labels. 

It will then ask you to chose the list you want to merge in from excel. 

After you choose your list, click "more items" and format the labels however you want them. 

Then click "update all"  and complete merge.

You should have your labels.  If you want to change the font or anything you will have to click update all after each change.  HTH!

• Options

Hey Tracy!!!

I do not have Windows 7. Windows XP w/Microsoft office 2003 products

• Loading the player...
  • Options

You can also type them individually by opening a full page of the label type under options.  This is what I did for our STDs and invitations

• Options
    imageMrsAzull:

Hey Tracy!!!

I do not have Windows 7. Windows XP w/Microsoft office 2003 products

OOPS! I wasn't thinking when I typed that.  I've seen too many window's 7 commercials.  Those steps will work for XP and Office 2003 :-)

• Options
    Thanks ladies, i will give these options a try!
  • Options

BEFORE you print them all out, do one single test page.  You may have to adjust your printer settings or page margins slightly to get them just right. 

take it from someone who wasted a whole lotta labels back in her DW days...

• Options

Worst case scenario, create a new document of the labels you need in Word.  Then copy and paste (probably one at a time unfortunately) into the new document.  I'd make sure you can see the borders of the labels on the computer (not on the actual document) just to make sure you're putting the text where you want it. 

We do this all the time at work to make labels for test tubes.  We buy sheets that have a slightly different adhesive so it's more stable when we store it in the freezer for long periods of time or do multiple freeze thaws of the tube.  HTH!

• Options
    oh yeah, ditto on the test page!!  i've wasted lots of labels too! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"