Indiana Babies
Options

need idea for brunch

I feel like we've had this discussion recently but I can't find it...Shawn and I are going to an Easter brunch and I want to bring something.  Here is what she is serving:

Mimosas of course

Quiche of some sort (most likely tomato & zucchini)

Lemon Shrimp & Asparagus w/ or w/out angel hair pasta

Prosciutto & Melon

Goat Cheese & Crostinis

Blueberry Buckle (a coffee cake with blueberries and pears)

Chocolate Eggs & Jelly Beans

I want to take something easy but still kind of impressive.  Ideas?

Re: need idea for brunch

• Options

I'm a fan of easy appetizers made with puff pastry.  There are tons of recipes online for whatever flavor you like, and the bonus is that it will appear that you slaved over them, lol.

https://www.puffpastry.com/recipes.aspx

• Options
    imageamstep:

I'm a fan of easy appetizers made with puff pastry.  There are tons of recipes online for whatever flavor you like, and the bonus is that it will appear that you slaved over them, lol.

I do a really easy one that is the meat from a rotissery chicken shredded and mixed with 1 package of cream cheese and 1/4 cup sour cream.  Add your favorite spices or herbs.  I have used dill, basil, sage, and rosemary is my favorite.  Then buy the Pillsbury cresent roll dough and drop a spoon full of the chicken mixture in the middle and pull the corners together and seal the edges with and egg wash.  Brush top with melted butter and sprinkle parm cheese and bake until brown.  super easy! 

Deleted
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

PW's apple dumplings or cinnamon rolls would be great!

Stuffed mushrooms can be really easy and are usually a crowd pleaser.  I don't have a favorite, but even just a cream cheese/garlic/chopped mushroom/bread crumb filling would be yummy.

Maybe scones or a savory biscuit?

In any case, the menu sounds great!  Enjoy!

• Options
    This all sounds delish!  Must go have some lunch now, except that my lunch will pale in comparison!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    imageamstep:

I was going to say this, almost verbatim.  Eerie Stick out tongue

I tried this asparagus tart over the weekend, but with only parmesan.  It was great, but since they're already making an asparagus dish, I wouldn't recommend.

I was looking at these earlier today...

Gorgonzola & Walnut Bites

Baked Pears

Wrapped pears

• Options
    imageshauna060708:

I feel like we've had this discussion recently but I can't find it...Shawn and I are going to an Easter brunch and I want to bring something.  Here is what she is serving:

Mimosas of course

Quiche of some sort (most likely tomato & zucchini)

Lemon Shrimp & Asparagus w/ or w/out angel hair pasta

Prosciutto & Melon

Goat Cheese & Crostinis

Blueberry Buckle (a coffee cake with blueberries and pears)

Chocolate Eggs & Jelly Beans

I want to take something easy but still kind of impressive.  Ideas?

So, um, can I come to that brunch? Yummmmz.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    You guys are awesome.  Now to decide...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"