1st Trimester
Options

Girl or boy?

How soon can you find out if you're expecting a baby boy or girl!! Everyone keeps joking that I am getting one of each! Haha. I am so ready to find out!! I heard 4 months but is it really that far along?

I went to Gymboree and bought girl & boy clothes both! You can just exchange clothing after 180 days!! I couldn"t beat the sales on their winter stuff. :)

Re: Girl or boy?

• Options
    Yes I think its around 18 weeks for an accurate reading.
    ** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
    Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
    DS: December 19, 2011
    MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Unless you do CVS testing the earliest you can usually tell is 18 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Boo!! I dont want to wait that long . LOL.  :)
  • Options

My firend who is 3 days ahead of me has her N/T scan on Friday and they told her they are going to look for the sex. Although mine is on the 6th and they told me nothing of the sorts. Heres a site that that might be helpful :]

https://www.baby2see.com/gender/study_ultrasound.html

According to this site- you can find out- but I think the baby has to be in perfect position. Good luck! I cant wait to find out. I have my N/T on the 6th and my normal scedruled u/s on the 15th; maybe at one of the two they can tell me :] Otherwise Ill just have to wait until my 18 week appt! But its cool to think about knowing!

My other friend who is now 16 weeks, found out at 14 weeks. I guess it all just depends. Most docs wont tell you until they are 100% sure because they dont want to give you the wrong sex!

• Options

18-20 weeks, like everyone else said.

Shopping for a baby is addicting! Especially sale shopping. Only downfall, sizing is so off depending on the baby -- I bought DD 12-18 month clothes for the summer (she'll be 9-11 months then), she's already wearing all of it Crying So much for the 24m winter coat I bought on sale!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was told 99% sure it's a boy at my 12-week ultrasound.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Options

imagemulanuva:

You give me hope I might find out a little sooner :]

• Options

imageToots_pop:

That was really interesting! Thanks for posting!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Baby shopping is so addicting & I am not even that far along!! :) 

So I have noticed that a lot of details in your pregnancy are always different depending on the person. Which makes sense. So i'll just have to wait and see & hopefully find out early!!

I thought I knew a lot about babies unitl I became pregnant & starting reading books,  So many details, its amazing!! :)

• Options
    at my 13 wk 3 day u/s the tech said she really thought it was a boy.....confirmed at 18 week u/s!

• Options

One:  although I know you're really excited about this, you are only 5 weeks along, and haven't even confirmed the little HB yet....sorry to be the Debbie Downer, but it's the nature of the beast.  Hold off on buying clothes until you're out of the first trimestre - it's hard, but you can do it.

Two: Sex can 'usually' be determined (but not at 100%) at around the 18th to the 20th week - unless you choose to do the CVS, which will measure the chromosomes, among other things.  I suggest you hold your horsies - you're young and excited, but we've all waited, so can you.

PS.  There are ALWAYS sales for baby stuff.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagelaurenfeuker:

imagemulanuva:

Oh god.  Did they draw blood and was it part of the CVS?  99% sure of a boy at 12 weeks without this is grounds for malpractice.  At this stage, the male and female genitals look the SAME.

• Options
    imagemonkiem:
    imagelaurenfeuker:

imagemulanuva:

Oh god.  Did they draw blood and was it part of the CVS?  99% sure of a boy at 12 weeks without this is grounds for malpractice.  At this stage, the male and female genitals look the SAME.

Read this: https://www.baby2see.com/gender/study_ultrasound.html

• Options

I was looking into 3D ultrasounds and saw gender packages that said the earliest they can confirm is 15 weeks.

Good Luck!

• Options

Girl, this is what you need. Trust, you have a 50% chance of it being accurate! Whoot!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 3/17/10 Missed M/C Confirmed 4/12/10

MIF+Unexplained DX Feb 2012: Femara+Trigger+IUI=BFP AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageMilliways:

Girl, this is what you need. Trust, you have a 50% chance of it being accurate! Whoot!

::::DIES::::

• Options
    imagemonkiem:
    imagelaurenfeuker:

imagemulanuva:

We were told the same thing at our NT scan. I don't think it is grounds for a malpractice suit. It happens all the time. People just need to realize that indeed they can be wrong. Just as they can be wrong at 20 weeks as well.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    My MW said they will schedule the "big" ultrasound between 16 and 20 weeks. Only a month and a half to go Big Smile
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Like you, I'm VERY anxious...but also a realistic. I'm not buying anything just yet and if you knew me you'd know that's extremely hard for me. *lol* Although the wait is torturous, it will be worth it. Every time you get the urge to buy, put that money back. Then once you find out...GO CRAZY WITH IT! Big Smile But keep the receipts. I know a girl that recently had a baby, decorated with pink, showered with all "girly girl" gifts...and out came a little boy! *YIKES*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"