Houston Babies
Options

~~jeneric04~~

Hi there! I read in the stroller post you have a joovy caboose ultralight. Can you tell me the goods/bads to this one? I'm looking at getting this for baby #2.  DC #1 will only be 20 months when DC#2 comes along and I'm wondering if this would work for him.  He's a pretty tall boy for his age (34 inches already and only 15 months).  Most the reviews i've read have been positive so I'm thinking it's good, but I'd love to hear your thoughts. Also - did you order online or find it in a store? Thanks!

Re: ~~jeneric04~~

• Options

Hey - Congrats on #2!  I'd be happy to tell you what I can.  You might want to ask on a board like 2 under 2 or Parenting to see their experiences with a toddler that age.  DS#1 was a month shy of 3 when we started using it, and he loves it.  He pretends like he is riding on a garbage truck and goes back and forth between sitting and standing - sometimes getting off and on if I tell him it's ok, too.  I have only used it with the infant seat so far, so I can only comment on that.  You are supposed to have the front seat totally reclined to use the infant seat, which does leave less room for your toddler.  DS#1 never complains about it, though.  You can see customer images on Amazon to get an idea.  I bought it from another vendor on Amazon for about $200 (free shipping, no tax), which was a steal - just watched the price in my cart for a few weeks.

What part of town are you in?  I know a couple of other people have it on this board, but I would be happy to let you try it out (can't remember if they have it at BRU or not). 

Good - small for something that accommodates 2 children, steers & pushes well, folds up easy, DS1 loves it

Bad - older child looks a little cramped when front seat is reclined (but doesn't seem bothered), not as easy to push on neighborhood walks as a jogger (have to work some to get it up the ramp back on the sidewalk, not as easy to push on uneven pavement), no place for the older child to nap if you have a young stroller napper (DS1 still napped in the stroller on our trip last year at 2.5, but I know that's not common.. definitely not a concern at his current age).

• Options
    Thanks so much for the info. The BRU by me doesn't have it (I'm in Sugar Land), but I'm thinking I might try Baby's 1st. They seem to have a ton of strollers. DS #1 is not a stroller baby at all. He hates it, he'd much rather walk, but that's just not gonna happen yet. I like the idea of the sit and stand, I just want to make sure there is also a place for him to sit and not only stand.  Plus I think the joovy works with my infant seat. It's a britax, and seems like most strollers don't work with that one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"