Multiples
Options

Anybody have a low-lying placenta?

My twin A has a low lying placenta; the doctor isn't too concerned & I haven't had any bleeding but they're going to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't progress to previa. 

We're hopeful that it will migrate upwards as the babies grow. Anybody else have a low lying placenta early on that later corrected itself?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers twins born at 36 wks Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Anybody have a low-lying placenta?

• Options
    Yes.  Mine corrected itself by week 28.  Hopefully yours will as well:)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2 chem preg, 4 failed IUIs, 2 canc IVFs, 2 BFN IVFs, IVF #5 = BFP!!!
    3/23 Beta #1 @ 17dpo = 913, Beta #2 @ 19dpo = 1724, Beta #3 @ 21 dpo = 3240
    First u/s 3/29 @ 5 weeks 2 days - 3 sacs 6 weeks 3 days - 3 heartbeats 8 Weeks - Lost Baby C, Babies A and B going strong
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I did right around the same time that you are.  By my 20 week ultrasound it had moved up.  They continued to check it every u/s following, but it was absolutely fine.  My doctor wasn't too concerned either and later I realized why.  Good luck! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My Twin A had one. It corrected itself by my week 22 ultrasound.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageKatefromUpstate:
    I did right around the same time that you are.  By my 20 week ultrasound it had moved up.  They continued to check it every u/s following, but it was absolutely fine.  My doctor wasn't too concerned either and later I realized why.  Good luck! :)

Thanks :) And those fedoras on your boys!??? As Rachel Zoe would say: I DIE. So flippin cute. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers twins born at 36 wks Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yup.  Twin A had one which was diagnosed around 18 weeks, I think they said it was 1.5 cm from my cervix.  At my 27 week  u/s it had started moving up.  It was at 2.5 cm this past monday (less than 2 cm is considered low-lying).  My doc said it had a 90% chance of moving up.  He put me on pelvic rest while it was low-lying and said to call immediately if I noticed any bleeding. 
    IVF #3 10/09 BFP! 12dp3dt Beta #1 = 319 14dp3dt Beta #2 = 565 21dp3dt Beta #3 = 10,475! u/s showed twins!! IVF 12/12 BFP! image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Baby A's was low lying around 24 weeks.  It moved up by 26.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had actually previa for most of my pregnancy with the twins. I was on pelvic rest and nothing ever happened. It corrected itself at 30 weeks.
  • Options
    Yep my A had one and it corrected itself by 25 weeks or so.  It appears as though most do.
  • Options
    Yep.  Mine was low lying right around 14 weeks.  I spotted a bit, and went in for my first ultrasound.  That's how I discovered we had twins AND a low lying placenta!  By my u/s at week 18 it had moved up.  Everything's normal now.  My doctor told me they often move up and wasn't concerned.
    Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had partial placenta previa that resolved by 24 weeks, I think.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had a complete previa since 18 weeks and it never corrected itself and caused me to have my twins 2 months early. I hope yours corrects itself! Mine just had no room to move in there!
    Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"