D.C. Area Babies

Update and you know you're near the end when...

4 cm, 70% and +1 station as of last night.  NST went well and wasn't having any contractions.  Nurses thought this was like my 3rd kid. 

In light of the fact I was pretty much up all night long last night peeing, I was thinking about how I know I'm near the end and some of it cracks me up.  Like I've lowered my standards of discretion or something...

I know I'm near the end because...

- I told the nurse I was afraid to poop yesterday for fear of breaking my water or pushing the kid out.

- I was literally up every hour on the hour peeing - twice in the 10 oclock hour. 

- My tummy aches have now amounted to "the runs"

- My OB is on leave, saw another in the practice yesterday and when she was done, I mentioned to DH that she was much more gentler than my reg. OB with the internal.

- I'm to the point where I require afternoon naps when I get home.  Work sucks, commute is hell, and poor DH hasn't had a cooked meal at home in like 3 weeks! 

- My mom calls me every morning at 6:30am to see if I'm at work.  Asks what my plan is if my water breaks up here in town - my hospital is an hour away and then proceeds to tell me I need to put towels on the seat in my car and under my sheets.  Somehow I think the guys here will get me to where I need to go... after all they are cops and they do have lights and sirens!

- I desire to wear sweat pants until I deliver.  I'm hating maternity pants now. 

Feel free to add your own Smile

Theresa

image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Update and you know you're near the end when...

• good luck, keep us updated! FWIW, most women's water never breaks but do keep a hospital bag in your car just in case.

the "I don't care what I'm wearing as long as I'm comfortable" feeling is definitely a sign you are near the end :)

• imageSofka:

good luck, keep us updated! FWIW, most women's water never breaks but do keep a hospital bag in your car just in case.

DH made me pack it the night before my first NST since there's always that possibility they could keep me so its been in the car for 2 weeks now along w/ the car seat. 

image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The p-ing every hour about killed me.  I was thinking that adult diapers might be the way to go.

I spent the last  4 weeks sleeping on the couch.  It was the only way I could be remotely comfortable.  I started praying for any signs that DS was ready to make his arrival.  I would have enjoyed a contraction or two just to feel like I was progressing.  Sadly I felt nothing.

Good Luck and keep us posted!!  It will be over before you know it! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageJitterbug2668:

- I desire to wear sweat pants until I deliver.  I'm hating maternity pants now. 

Totally this. I started to loathe my maternity clothes, though I'm not sure sweats would have made me any happier. I just wanted to wear normal jeans.

Also, I got tired of people asking about the pregnancy. It didn't really happen until the end, but that was a sure sign it was time for DD to come.

Also, good luck and I hope you're feeling good (aside from constant peeing and the runs Wink)!

• Yeah, all sounds about right!  I'll add one more:

-Feel like an old lady every time I get up because my back is so sore it takes at least a minute for all the kinks to work themselves out before I can walk...this pg is really taking a toll on my bad back!

Hang in there! :)  (from a fellow 37-week-er...)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"