Two Under 2
Options

Labor Question

Honestly....was labor and delivery easier with your second one than it was with your first one?

Re: Labor Question

• Options

Overall easier, probably because I knew more of what to expect. Though for about 20 minutes (I was induced this time and she did a "demon drop" on me.. nurses term.. where DD dropped and I dilated from 3-8.5 in 20 minutes) where the pain was WAY worse then I ever remember it being w/ DD1.. but overall, still easier.

And recovery this time was WAY WAY WAY easier!!! I had a 2nd degree tear this time, 2nd degree episiotomy w/ DD1, so basically the same, but so much easier and faster recovery this time.

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Options

Everyone says #2 is faster and easier, but it was not true for me.  Both births were unmedicated vaginal deliveries.  My second baby was smaller, but labor took longer (I stalled out at 8cm for 5 hours) and transition was harder.  

The good news:  Pushing, while not any easier, only lasted 10 minutes with #2. I still tore, but not as badly as the first time.  

But the best part:  recovery was SO, SO much easier.  I felt great after about 3 days, and took a 2-mile walk on day 4.  Bleeding was almost entirely gone by the end of week 1.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    With DS, my labor was 30 hours long, pushed for 1 hour. With DD, it was 8 hours, pushed once. In that respect #2 was easier, but it was also WAAAAYYYY more painful. It's almost like #1 was slow and steady (but not easy by any means). I appreciated the efficiency of DDs birth, but I think overall the labor w/#1 was easier.?
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Labor was longer (I was induced with both 41w with #1 and 39w with #2) the second time, but delivery much easier.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I was induced both times, but labor was shorter this 2nd time (although it was pretty short the first time too - only about 4 hours including pushing).  They started a little pitocin around 1 am and really increased it around 7 am.  DS#2 was born at 9:50 am.  The 1st time I tore and was cut, but this time I just tore.  I had an epidural both times but couldn't feel anything this 2nd time. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Labor was shorter but the contractions were more intense.

With DD 1 I was in labor 4 hours and DD2 I was in labor 2 hours. Had it been any longer with dd2, I would have had second thoughs about an unmedicated birth again. It was rough.  

I didn't tear the second time though and while I recovered quickly the first time, recovery was even faster the second time. I felt good enough to go home the day after delivering.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    NannaNanna member
    Much easier, much faster.  #1 was 36 hours of hard labor and 2 hours of pushing with a tear.  #2 was 13 hours, about 2 pushes and no tearing.  Recovery was MUCH better after #2, too.
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"