Detroit Babies
Options

Recommend your camera!

I am in the market for a new camera! My little point and shoot camera just isn't cutting it anymore. Now that I have my son, I really want some nice, clear pictures! :o) Any suggestions as well as pros/cons of your cameras would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ladies!

Re: Recommend your camera!

• Options

So are you looking for a DSLR or another point and shoot?

If you want a DSLR I think the two front runners are either a canon or a nikon. I honestly think that the choice is up to you for which one. Some poeple swear by canons and some by nikons. I have a canon b/c that is what I felt comfortable with. I have the T1i and love it but an xsi is great too or the T2i just came out last month I believe. It really is just taking the time to learn how the camera works.

Point and shoot I don't have any suggestions personally. I have a sony and it does what I need it to but I can't say I love it.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I am also in the process of getting a Digital SLR- I have trying out my dad's Cannon rebel, and I tried my sister's Nikon. I also much prefer the cannon. I know the image stabilization depends largely on the lens, but the auto-focus on the cannon is better, as are the vibrant colors. I haven't bought mine yet, but I am almost 100% on the cannon rebel.

If you are looking for an awesome point and shoot, I lovvvveee my Olympus. It took my signature pic, and it extremely easy to use, and even more easy to carry around- the only downside is that it isn't a DSLR, so I can't take multiple pictures very quickly, and frequently miss "the moment" while I'm waiting for my camera to take the picture. 

The best piece of advice I've recieved so far is to try them out- hold them (even if it's just in the store) for more than a moment, and see what feeling you like better. What's most comfortable in your hands will ultimately get you the best photos. 

Good Luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    No recs for a DSLR from me, but I just bought a brand new Olympus point and shoot and it is AMAZING.  It's the Olympus Stylus 9000.  It retails in the stores for $299.99, but I got a great deal on Amazon for $189.  I had an old Olympus Stylus and loved it and decided to go back to Olympus after a point and shoot fail :)
    Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • Options
    I just got a Canon SX20 IS.  not a DSLR, but I high end point and shoot the size of a DSLR.  So far I love it.  takes great pics, is faster than a reg. p&s.  Can also shoot great in manual.  It was just under $350
  • Options

After a lot of research and saving, I just bought a Nikon D90 and am having fun getting to know it better!  I guess I'm a Nikon girl since I started out with a Nikon FM10 film SLR in college.  It's going to take me a while to really get going with the D90 creatively , but I love that it has the auto mode for my husband to use or for when I just need a quick picture.  It also shoots video - something I think I'll use occasionally with the babies.  Of course, if that's all I wanted, I should have just gotten a new point and shoot, but I'm excited to get back into photography.

Also, there's a photography board on the bump.  I just found it recently, and there's a lot of great advice on there.

• Options
    I highly suggest the Canon Rebel or the Canon T1i.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I started with a EOS Canon Rebel and then on to Nikons.  The camera you chose will be great!  Have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"