Wisconsin Babies
Options

Miller Park & Breastfeeding

Hi ladies,

I'm heading to a Brewers game this summer and will be breastfeeding.  Does anyone know if there's anywhere in the park to breastfeed?

TIA!

Re: Miller Park & Breastfeeding

• Options
    I have no idea... I bet there's a website with more info tho. Or you could probably call the park..... Good luck!
  • Options
    I could swear the last time I was there reading or seeing something about it being a breastfeeding friendly place, and that breastfeeding was welcome anywhere in the stadium.  But, I googled it and cannot support my memory.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

There's a new state law that you can breastfeed *anywhere* public:

Wisconsin governor Jim Doyle signed A.B. 57 on March 11, 2010, permitting a mother to breastfeed her child in any public or private location where the mother and child are otherwise authorized to be.

In such a location, no person may prohibit a mother from breastfeeding her child, direct a mother to move to a different location to breast-feed her child, direct a mother to cover her child or breast while breast-feeding, or otherwise restrict a mother from breast-feeding her child. Although the statute doesn?t specifically name employers, it can be construed to include places of employment(  Chapter 253, Sections 253.16, as enacted by Act 148 (A.B. 57, L. 2009), effective March 24, 2010).

The question for me is where would I feel *comfortable* breastfeeding! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think they have an actual room to breastfeed, so you will probably have to do it in the bathroom.  They have a "family" restroom that is more private, so you might want to try that!  Enjoy the game!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies!
  • Options
    Having done it frequently, my two suggestions are First Aid (just ask the nurses there, they will be happy to accomodate you, plus I like to change DD's diapers in the bathroom there, since I figure their changing tables are less used and hence, cleaner), or if you have Club level tickets, I like to sit in a quiet corner in the main lounge in a comfy chair (and facing the TV, of course Stick out tongue)
    imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

We're taking out DD to her first game and this is the info that I found on the Miller Park Website: 

From the website for Rules Relating to Guest Conduct :

https://m.mlb.com/mil/ballpark/information/ballpark_guide/ballpark_guide_r/ 

"Nursing Mothers Mothers may breast feed their children in any public or private location where the mother and child are authorized to be present. For private accommodations, please visit either First Aid location (Field Level, next to Guest Relations and Terrace Level, behind section 419) or any family restroom."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"