Stay at Home Moms
Options

dental questions

do you wipe your LOs gums? my dentist said I should wipe Lorenzo's gums after each bottle- so I'm going to start 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: dental questions

• Options

I did not at that age.  

If there are no teeth to decay, why is this good practice?  just to develop the habit?  you know what I mean?  I would think that an infant would have enough saliva to rinse their gums regularly.

My dad is a dentist and recommended that we start brushing upon teeth erupting.  I am not saying your dentist is wrong, but I am curious of the reason...

and at 2 months, if I wiped DDs gums after each feeding, that would have been a lot of wiping!  

• Options

he didnt really go into the "why" he just said- you should wipe L's gums after each bottle...

I was like Ok... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No- my pediatrician didn't have me wipe my son's gums until he started eating cereal- and then it was just at bath time.  We started "brushing" his teeth as soon as they came in which seemed silly because there are only 2 and they are tiny.  But, I get it- it gets them used to having their teeth brushed & I suppose those tiny teeth can get cavities, too.  Thankfully, he LOVES having his teeth brushed.  I think it's because the toothpaste must taste good or something (baby orajel toothpaste).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"