Two Under 2

when did you venture out alone?

We're only two weeks into 2u2, but I'm dreading leaving the house with the boys by myself. (I'm not worried about the baby, he's easy! I'm worried about chasing the toddler around!) I'm thinking....in about 6 months? Haha.

When did you first take your LOs out without someone else with you?

Re: when did you venture out alone?

• Around 2 weeks.
  • once I could start driving.  so 2 weeks.  It really wasn't too bad.  Where are you thinking of going?
  • Loading the player...
  • Around 1 week. Its actually easier in the very beginning if you plan it around the newborn's eating time b/c they will probably sleep the whole time! Once they start to "wake up" it gets a little more complicated :)

As for chasing the toddler around, DD still likes sitting in the stroller/cart, so I am pretty lucky with that.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I hear ya. I'm afraid of just going out with my son being preggo. He is all over the place and wont hold my hand. He doesn't like being in the stroller unless he is moving. I prob won't be going out with the two of them alone except for walks in the stroller or to someones house. Too scary lol.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • About 2 weeks?  It wasn't any big deal once I got out!  We go out most days now and the only hard part is people stopping me to tell me how HARD it must be!
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You just have to do it. We went out by one week, I have to get things done. It does take more planning, but you can not be trapped in your home.
  • today!

it wasn't bad... Macy didn't want to sit in the cart, so she held my hand. she actually listened! McKenna only cried once...it didn't last long. 

it was just a short trip to Target for some diapers...

• I think it really depends on how young your 2u2 are! DS wasn't even walking when DD was born...so there was no way I way going out at a week alone.

We have only gone on walks alone - I haven't done a car trip yet. But at least the market it within walking distance so I can go grocery shopping just fine.

• imagefirsttogo:
    You just have to do it. We went out by one week, I have to get things done. It does take more planning, but you can not be trapped in your home.

Ditto this.  DS literally started walking the night we came home from the hospital with DD but that is why a good double and a sling/carrier of some type are essential

Once you do it the first time, it really gives you the confidence to do it all the time!  GL

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • mrstice you can do it!! you're superwoman!!

We needed diapers and milk before a snowstorm so I think DD2 was a few weeks old when I took the girls out together alone.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"