Maryland Babies
Options

maternity shops and outlets

Where is everyone/has everyone bought maternity clothes from in the Bmore/Annapolis area?  I am going to start looking for clothes in the next couple of weeks and am wondering where I can find Citizen/Seven jeans to try on for size?

I know the Gap outlet in Queenstown sells a little bit of maternity and Old Navy, and the Motherhood stores, but any secrets you know of?!? :)

Re: maternity shops and outlets

• Options
    I did well at Kohl's. The website has a much better selection. Their jeans were my favorite. Their nursing bras are a big NO though.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Destination Maternity at Towson Town Center is where I found almost all of my clothes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Toward the end of my pregnancy when I was huge, I had pretty good luck at JC Penny's of all places.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'd hold off as long as possible.  I wore regular pants with a bella band and honestly at 32wks still do that.  My MIL bought me a bunch of maternity clothes early on and I do wear a lot of them, but I wish I had of waited until it was necessary.  I didn't even wear real maternity pants until probably 22/23wks, I may have worn them a time or 2 prior but they didn't fit well. 

I have a lot from Motherhood Maternity and my friend gave me a box of jeans/shirts (believe Nordstrom has the sevens).  I found Kohls didn't fit me well and Target pants still don't fit properly. 

I'm all for waiting until you need them and are growing bc you don't know what you will need.

• Options
    Thanks for the advice!  At this point I am just looking for some basic shirts and want to just find a place that I know I can try on jeans at and then scour ebay for some cheaper ;)  I'm going on vacation to a hot and sunny place at 19 weeks so I want to find some things before I go.
  • Options
    I heard that there are a few good maternity consignment shops in Columbia - one in Kings Contrivance that I want to check out.  Not sure where the other is.  Does anyone else know where I can find other consignment shops?
  • Options

imagejjones042807:
    Thanks for the advice!  At this point I am just looking for some basic shirts and want to just find a place that I know I can try on jeans at and then scour ebay for some cheaper ;)  I'm going on vacation to a hot and sunny place at 19 weeks so I want to find some things before I go.

@ 19 weeks you might not be into real maternity clothes and I wouldn't invest in maternity clothes that fit you @ 19 weeks because you won't be able to wear them for the final third of your pregnancy. 

I borrowed tons of clothes this time around, when I was pg w/ DD I sized up 2 sizes in jeans (low rise blue cults I got on super sale @ BJ's wholesale club) and was able to wear them w/o a bella band for a long time.  Also I invested in a lot of empire waist style tops that are not maternity, but worked for a long time as well. 

It's good to have these non-maternity transition clothes because you will then be able to wear them after giving birth and you won't feel like you are wearing your big maternity clothes- if that makes sense?  

Also I wear a ton of yoga pants- also non-maternity still- bought them @ BJs as well for $12 a pair, I just scrunch them below my belly and they are so comfy and I don't feel gross/fat wearing them after giving birth since they aren't maternity. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    There's a Motherhood Maternity outlet at Arundel Mills.  I usually cleaned up there.  Bought bigger regular shirts.  Also wore a version of a Bella Band (got it off eBay for a fraction of the price) and that let me wear my regular pants for a long time.  Only really needed maternity pants the last 8-10 weeks or so.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"