North Carolina Babies
Options

Should I be worried about this?

On Thursday night, I was checking our online banking, and noticed a pending transaction for 74 cents from "Loans R Us." This is definitely not anyone we've ever done business with, so we were concerned. The transaction was linked to DH's debit card, so we canceled it, and he is getting a new one. The rep at the bank said we couldn't dispute the charge until it posted to our account. We waited a day, and when we went back to check, it had just disappeared entirely.

We transferred most of the money in our checking account into savings, at least temporarily, just to be safe. Nothing else weird has happened since, but I'm kind of concerned about it. Do you think we're ok since we canceled DH's debit card? Is there anything else we should do?

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: Should I be worried about this?

• Options
    I bet someone manually typed in a number and accidently pressed one number wrong and thats why it showed up.  Then, when they realized it, they corrected the problem.  I would think since you've ordered a new debit card, you're safe, but I would definitely keep a check on the account.
  • Options
    Ooh! That's scary. I think that at this point you have done all that you can. I googled Loans R Us to see if other people had issues with them charging their cards, but didn't see anything. It may have been an error, or they may have been phishing to see if money was in your case. At any rate, I think you are doing great by being proactive. I hope that one instance was the only issue you have!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh we have experienced the same issue..not with Loans R Us....but with a bunch of other companies. The thing was is that at least 1-1 and a half we order new cards for us both to prevent old accounts on websites and such can't charge us without knowing.

But some how they still managed to find us. We filed a dispute and only got half of our money back. Ugh. (and it was A LOT) so just be careful on who/and what you and your husband do online and another tip is don't save your account info. on the computer...people can hack into it over the net.

• Options

Sometimes companies will charge your bank account a tiny amount to check whether your checking account works or not- like when you set up a PayPal or something of that nature...either way- it's something to watch for- once they check it- they may withdraw more- and the sucky thing is that debit and bank cards are not protected as well as credit cards... so if you are going to have a debit card and use it often- I would almost make a separate account for it from the rest of the money... JUST IN CASE....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"