3rd Trimester
Options

is this name torture?

Jaycen......i love this name, but LO will always have to say no its JAYCEN, not JASON.  i kinda consider it a completely differant name, but i dont think others will.  TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: is this name torture?

• Options
    it's pretty bad, in my opinion.  sorry.
  • Options
    Yes, it's torture.  It's the same name, so why don't you just spell it correctly and save the kid a lifetime of correcting people?

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagesarah.sarah:
    it's pretty bad, in my opinion.  sorry.

THIS 

DS- 11/08,  DD1 - 05/10,  DD2 - 11/11

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I say them both exactly the same.  Unless you are thinking Jason is traditionally said "Jay-san", which it is not.  His only real issue will be spelling it for people when they try to spell is J-A-S-O-N.
    Brooke 10.15.08 & Molly 6.15.10

Photobucket

• Options

imagemrs.jenni:
    Yes, it's torture.  It's the same name, so why don't you just spell it correctly and save the kid a lifetime of correcting people?

This, sorry.

• Options
    I think it is a feminine spelling sorry and not fond of the name.  Sorry, but if you LOVE it, then go with it.
  • Options

It's cute but definitely a spelling issue for life.

I know a couple whose son is Jace (worked out where JA was dad's initials and CE was hers before they were married) and there have been no issues with pronunciation or spelling.

The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    The Bee Hive Blog
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!
    25 Weeks - GOAL MET 52.2 Pounds gone! 27 Weeks Total Pounds Lost: 54.0
  • Options

imagemrs.jenni:

I agree on this!  Im Christina and people constantly write or call me Christine.  I can't imagine if my mom decided to use a non common spelling... im annoyed with just having to correct one letter.

• Options

It's fine. I like it.

My LO will be named Tein. All his life he will have to say it sounds like "Pine", not "Tea-in" or "Tain".

It's not a big deal. My name is Adele and all my life (and to this day) still have to tell people, it's "Ah-dell, like the computer", It's not "Ay-dell, "A-deli", or "Adol". 

I turned out just fine and don't harbor any bad feelings toward my parents. I like that my name is unique and that not many people have it or spell it this way. 

Plus, people remember you b/c of your unique name!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I like regular Jason better. 
  • Options
    no need to say sorry. i was thinking of how i would spell it.  not a big deal.  that website nymbler.com spells names funny and i fell in love as soon as i saw it.  i do realize it is torture, and probably wont do it.  i just wanted to get others opinions. thanks.
  • Options

The spelling does look more feminine to me.  I say if you still want it though, go for it!

• Options
    In THEORY it's a cute spelling... but I agree with the PP's. It will drive him up a freaking wall to have to spell it all the time.   My name & spelling isn't all that common:  Krista,  and I still don't have to spell it for people as much your child would have to.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I don't think it's a big deal. My name is Brytany instead of Britney and it hasn't been torture for me. Sure, no one can spell it but who cares? I like that it is unique. Also, I named my DD Lia instead of Leah. I like unusual spellings.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    M/C Dec 2010 - 5w5d Missing my sweet angel baby.
  • Options

Yes, that's bad.

Jason sounds the same though...so why not just use that?

• Options

imagemrs.jenni:

Yep, this.

• Options
    I don't understand what the problem is with spelling names normally. Why does a child's name have to be a competition in who can come up with the most unique spelling/name? Just my opinion, sorry.
  • Options
    imagescoutkate:

imagemrs.jenni:

This, sorry.

Yes

image Josephine is 4.
  • Options

imagemrs.jenni:

I agree.

I also think it looks feminine and in a few years will look very, very dated. 

• Options
    Don't worry about spelling, I have the most common name EVER.. Ashley and I still have to always spell it for people because of the 50 different ways there are to spell it. Sorry, but it just seems like something insignificant to worry about with so many other big things to worry about.
  • Options

imagemrs.jenni:

Agree 100%

Baby #2 on the way! Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you're spelling a common name wrong just to be different, then I think that's ridiculous. It still sounds the same, it just looks like you can't spell. I feel like it's a little bit different if the name itself is uncommon - like the pp's name Tein. I wouldn't know how to say or spell that name b/c I've never heard of it before, so whatever spelling they use works. In my opinion, if you want something unique, go for an uncommon name in the first place.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My DH name is Jaysen. He loves it and I don't think of him as a Jason at all. We call him jay for short. I asked one day if he minded when people misspelled it or when he had to spell it out for someone. He said he did not mind at all and would hate to be Jason. I really like his name and so does he. I think you could spell it Jaycen if you wanted. Sounds good to me.
  • Options
    Good point, most kids go by a nickname anyways...or in my DH's circle of friends, the men go by their last names. There are guy friends that I only know by their last names!!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I know a Jaycen  (he should be about 30 now).  just b/c there is a different spelling doesn't mean it is hard to pronounce.  There really isnt' a confusion on how to say it, so no big deal
  • Options

imageMrs.Stratton:
    My DH name is Jaysen. He loves it and I don't think of him as a Jason at all. We call him jay for short. I asked one day if he minded when people misspelled it or when he had to spell it out for someone. He said he did not mind at all and would hate to be Jason. I really like his name and so does he. I think you could spell it Jaycen if you wanted. Sounds good to me.

My brother, whose name is Jason, has always gone by Jay as well. That is hardly singular to the Jaycen spelling which is just stupid. It's got the doubel whammies of being a made up spelling and containing a superfluous Y. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"