North Carolina Babies
Options

We got an awesome pre-baby gift!

I just have to AW this because I'm soooo excited. DH's aunt and uncle gave us an overnight stay at The Siena Hotel in Chapel Hill to use before the baby comes! (For those not in RTP, that place is super swanky.) It includes dinner at Il Palio, a suite, chocolate covered strawberries, champagne (which DH will drink!), and breakfast at Il Palio the next morning. I'm so excited to go! I've driven past that place so many times and have never been in. I hope it's as nice in person as I've always heard it is.

Now for a question: If you've eaten at Il Palio, do I need to wear a dress, or can I wear slacks? I don't have any nice maternity dresses and really hate to buy one for a single dinner. But, I'll do it if I have to.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: We got an awesome pre-baby gift!

• Options
    WOW! That is awesome. That place is GREAT. Haven't ever stayed there, but had dinner there before one of our formals when I was in college. Obviously I was super dressed up (and wasn't really paying attention to those around us) so I can't say if slacks would be ok. Do you have a plain black maternity dress? That would be ok if you jazzed it up with jewelry!
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• Options
    how sweet!!!  enjoy it!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is such an amazing gift!!!! I hope you enjoy it!!!
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options
    I think you can get away with nice pants and a dressy top, rather than buying something new. You are PG for goodness sake, I dare someone to say something to you! lol Enjoy your night! :)
  • Options
    Love that place. We stayed there on our wedding night. You can wear a nice pair of black pants and a dressy top no problem. :) Enjoy!
  • Options

Awesome! Have fun!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options

That will be so much fun!!! DH's dad used to work there so he got us a suite for Valentine's day a few years ago and dinner/breakfast included. It was awesome!

We ate at Il Palio, and honestly .... I want to say I dressed casually. Not too casual, but jeans and a nice shirt. I don't think it's a huge deal .... BUT - I'd probably wear something other than jeans, but you don't need to go all out. :)

• Options
    Glad to hear that I can wear pants and don't have to buy a dress that will only be used for one occasion. Thanks, everyone!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"