Pittsburgh Babies

moving to Squirrel Hill with 2 mon old

We are moving from Ohio to Squirrel Hill at the end of April for DH job. In need of a pediatrician and OB/GYN. 

I don't want him behind on vaccines so will need to interview asap.

Had issues with severe dysplasia/cervical incompetence/preterm labor in the past and I'm looking for an OB/GYN who is good with these things.

any help would be appreciated!!

Re: moving to Squirrel Hill with 2 mon old

• The pediatrician I chose for baby is the same pedi that I saw when I was a kid and that my brother still goes too.  I've always had a positive experience with them and they just expanded their hours and they are currently expanding their office.

Her name is Sarah Springer and the office is called Pediatric Alliance.  It is in Greenfield, which is like 5-10 min from Squirrel Hill. (Depending which part of SH you're living in).  They have a website if you want to check them out, pediatricalliance.com

I would say your best bet in finding an OB/GYN is going to be at Magee Hospital in Oakland.  I go to Dr. Carol Krupski's practice.  She has been there well over 12 years (she delivered my brother and will be deliverying my daughter).  I've had a wonderful experience with her, but I cannot say how she would deal with the medical problems you're concerned about. 

GL, you might want to post this on Pittsburgh Nest Board also, there are a lot more people who post there and they might have some more suggestions for you.  :o)  Enjoy Squirrel Hill, I'm looking there when I finish my lease in July! It's beautiful!

• We LOVE our practice! GIL pediatrics located above Trader Joes off Penn Ave!!! They're amazing! We go to Dr. Levine. He is super old school and no fuss, which we love. Really calms us down!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We go to CCP Bass Wolfson in Squirrel Hill on Wilkins Ave, I interviewed them before picking them as well. We see Dr. Davitt she is awesome, very nice, straight forward, and thorough. As far as an OB goes I would look at Magee. I had no issues with my pregnancy so I am not sure how that goes in my practice. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We also use Pediatric Alliance, but a different office.  As far as OBs, check out Century Medical Assoc. @ West Penn.  I see Dr. Rowland and think he is excellent. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We live in point breeze which is very close to squirrel hill.  The peds that the pps listed are pretty much the big three popular ones around here.  We use bass wolfson, but I would have actually preferred pediatric alliance.  They are more supportive of the parenting style we have.  The only reason we didn't use them is because we only had one car when DD was born, and we could get to bass wolfson without a car.  I don't have anything against them though, they've certainly been fine so far.  Pediatric alliance also has tons of breast feeding support - they actually run their own breast feeding center (not sure if that's what you do, just throwing that out there).  I can't help your with OB recs, I used the midwives and they wouldn't be able to support your special case. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"