North Carolina Babies
Options

Where did you find your babysitter?

DD's finally getting to an age where DH and I are thinking about letting her stay with a babysitter while we go to do something. Of course, we'd rather it be family but they're too far away to just come over and watch her while we go out.

We were talking last night and we might even like having an older teenage girl come over to our house 2 days a week in the mornings to give me some down time. Sort of like a mother's helper (I think that's what you guys say it's called...) but a little bit older. I'd still be home and could help if needed, but just to have an extra pair of hands around the house.

Anyway...DH and I don't know anyone that's at that age...heck, we don't even know any younger teenagers that we'd allow to watch her. Most of our friends have either young kids or kids my DH's age. Where should we look?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Where did you find your babysitter?

• Options

I'm not sure where you are located, but you can often find good sitters at colleges - especially in the College of Education. Also, my friends have had good luck using the girls that work in our MOPPETS program (childcare for MOPS). Many of the non-adults that work in our group are homeschooled and old enough to drive, so they could be more flexible with their schedule for you.

I don't think I'd be comfortable with having a young teenager keep my child, but that's just my personal preference.

• Options
    imageBackthePack:

I don't think I'd be comfortable with having a young teenager keep my child, but that's just my personal preference.

Well, I used to babysit when I was younger but it was my parent's friends and they lived in the neighborhood. I don't know anyone like that though, and neither does DH. If we did, like I said in my post, I'd still be home with them...they'd just be for an extra pair of hands.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not much help but we found ours at my dh's school he is a high school teacher. Do you live near a college? A college girl would be great for that type of thing! Do you go to church? That is a good place to ask around. Also talk to your friends who have children they may have suggestions. Good luck finding a good babysitter is a good thing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"