North Carolina Babies
Options

Okay, can I go casual? Re: Funeral

So Bif's grandmother passed away today.  They are doing "Family Visitation" tomorrow from 4:30-5.  Public Visitation on Sunday afternoon, and then the funeral is on Monday.

I've never done "family visitation" on a separate day from the public visitation.  Maybe it's a yankee thing to get them in the grave in a hurry?  Do you think I need 3 formal outfits or can I get away with a casual outfit for the family visitation on Saturday?

Re: Okay, can I go casual? Re: Funeral

• Options

First off, sorry to hear that. Losing someone no matter the age is difficult.  

How casual are you talking- jeans? no, khakis? yes. Well before I answer ...is it a church or the funeral home? I would say more dressy casual at church than the funeral home.

I assume the reason they are having a private family visitation is she has a large family and they want to give them ample time to say their goodbyes before the others.

• Options
    What do you mean by casual?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I do mean jeans.  They're $100 fancy jeans though!

Evidently, one of the aunts wants it to get it over with as quickly as possible, so they're dragging it out over 3 days Confused.  It's not an especially large family. It's just a private visitation for family only.

• Options

It honestly depends on your family.  My IL's would go in jeans.  However, my family would die before they dressed casual for a funeral.  (different folks, different strokes...)

To be on the safe side, I would go in a casual dress/skirt.  

Sorry to hear about your loss!   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

So sorry Speed.  You had said she wasn't doing well.  Sorry to Bif also.

I think you can do casual.  Every one I have went to was more casual.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It turns out we don't really have to go to the family visitation and it sounds like we're not.  So, I'm off the hook with just 2 formal outfits.
  • Options

I would probably not wear jeans to the family visitation, but it would probably be okay to wear jeans since it's just family (depending on the family).  I would probably wear something like slacks and a blouse.

Oh, and I'm sorry about his grandmother.  :( 

• Options
    Thanks for the condolences ladies.  She had really aggressive Alzheimers.  She hasn't been "here" for a lot of years.  While it's always sad to lose someone, I'm glad that she is finally at peace.
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss. Let me know if you need anything (we're off all this week)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm so sorry for you loss. Sad

When in doubt it's better to be over dressed than under dressed. Especially in the south.

I don't know that I've been to a family only visitation that was also allowing a public visitation. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"