Philadelphia Babies
Options

Landsdale, harleysville, Quakertown areas

Anyone live in this neck of the woods and want to reccommend their neighborhood? An aquaintence of mine is looking to move their and they are having a LO in October.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Landsdale, harleysville, Quakertown areas

• Options

DH and I live in Towamencin Township. It is right off the Lansdale exit of Northeast Ext, which makes it an easy commute. It is the North Penn SD, and there is a lot of development that it happening in that area.

• Options
    I recommend our neighborhood - North Wales (just East of Lansdale). Lots of great developments with young families, close to shopping (BRU and Target right around the corner!), decent schools, etc...there are 2 houses for sale in my development.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I lived in Harleysville growing up and in Lansdale now. I'd rather live in Harleysville. I live right in the Borough of Lansdale and don't like it so I wouldn't recommend it but outside the main areas of Lansdale are nicer. Although there was just a huge change in borough supervisors and the area is much more new business friendly so lots of better stores, restaurants, etc are supposed to be opening up. And in the summer there's the farmer's market right in the borough which is nice. One good thing about living in the center of town is that everything is within walking distance - a couple nice parks, the elementary school, shops, restaurant, train, etc. But I like the space and more laid back atmosphere that Harleysville provides.

We looked into moving to Quakertown. Same deal as Lansdale - off the beaten path it's pretty nice and has the added bonus of being more affordable than Harleysville or Lansdale. But when we move, we're thinking Green Lane or Perkiomenville. Not as built up and closer to the lake which is nice because I go hiking and fishing there almost every weekend and some weeknights in the summer. It's a great state park with lots to do.

• Options
    imagezoieglow:

I lived in Harleysville growing up and in Lansdale now. I'd rather live in Harleysville. I live right in the Borough of Lansdale and don't like it so I wouldn't recommend it but outside the main areas of Lansdale are nicer. Although there was just a huge change in borough supervisors and the area is much more new business friendly so lots of better stores, restaurants, etc are supposed to be opening up. And in the summer there's the farmer's market right in the borough which is nice. One good thing about living in the center of town is that everything is within walking distance - a couple nice parks, the elementary school, shops, restaurant, train, etc. But I like the space and more laid back atmosphere that Harleysville provides.

We looked into moving to Quakertown. Same deal as Lansdale - off the beaten path it's pretty nice and has the added bonus of being more affordable than Harleysville or Lansdale. But when we move, we're thinking Green Lane or Perkiomenville. Not as built up and closer to the lake which is nice because I go hiking and fishing there almost every weekend and some weeknights in the summer. It's a great state park with lots to do.

We live in the West Ward of Lansdale and really like it.  I'll probably send our kids to Elementary school there and then move to the Perk Val school district.  I can't imagine my kids in a graduating class of 1000 kids like NP.  

• Options

I live in Harleysville (skippack township) and love it.  My neighborhood is the best.  Lots of families and little kiddos.  I'm off of church road, near church road and rte 73.  There are a few houses in our neighborhood for sale - e-mail me at lucydoxie@gmail.com if you want to know the specifics. 

• Options

I live just inside Lansale, closer to the Bucks County edge of Chalfont than the borough of lansdale. LOVE IT! I love being close to things, but our little development (brookwood) is tucked away behind 463 and if you didnt know it was there, you would never find it! I love that!

2 houses for sale here, too! :) 

2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I live in Hatfield which is right next to Lansdale and really close to the turnpike. DH and i love it here, we live in a really, really nice apartment complex.  Unfortunately we are going to have to sublet our apartment soon and move in with my parents for a while because we want to save up a down payment for a house and right now we're only in a 1 bedroom apartment (i know a lot of people make it work with a baby in a 1 bedroom but we just have too much stuff for that!).  We are definitely planning to move back into the NP School District for elementary school.  We are probably going to buy our first house in this area too.

If anyone wants to sublet a really nice, completely renovated apartment in Hatfield let me know LOL the lease goes until January :) 

But seriously, I really like this area. It's quiet, friendly and family-oriented. We lived in lansdale for the past two years and that was great too. I like being able to walk everywhere. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"