Babies: 3 - 6 Months

What is the hole in the swaddle blanket for?

We have the kiddopotamus swaddler and there is a cut out hole in the back by the butt and I've always wondered what it's for. Anyone know?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What is the hole in the swaddle blanket for?

• I do! I do! It's in case you want to put the baby in the swing, bouncer, car seat, etc. you can put the strap through the hole.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Car seat buckle (or any other kind of between-the-legs buckle) so he can be swaddled if needed.  At least that was my thought.
    My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • When I read the directions it said its for if you use it in the carseat. But, wouldn't there need to be another hole? I wish it had one in the front so I strap her into her swing with it on.
  • A buckle.  Like for the swing, or the carseat.  You put that over the buckle, buckle the baby in, then swaddle on top of that.  At least that what I always assumed..I never tried it
  • I thought it was for diaper checks Embarrassed
  • I know what you mean.  There's a hole in the back, but not one in the front for it to come through...weird.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecooperme2871:
    When I read the directions it said its for if you use it in the carseat. But, wouldn't there need to be another hole? I wish it had one in the front so I strap her into her swing with it on.

This...where is the other hole!?

• image*chris-erin*:

imagecooperme2871:
    When I read the directions it said its for if you use it in the carseat. But, wouldn't there need to be another hole? I wish it had one in the front so I strap her into her swing with it on.

Haha you buckle the baby INSIDE of the swadlle, the front opens so you dont need another hole

• hahaha i thought diaper checks too :) but someone was thinking when they made that...the buckle thing makes more since
  • image*chris-erin*:

imagecooperme2871:

You snap the buckle under the swaddling.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imagemattandbekah:

Haha you buckle the baby INSIDE of the swadlle, the front opens so you dont need another hole

This.

Works great in the swing...not so much in the car seat.

• Oh no!  We threw one of our swaddles out because we thought it was ripped, I didn't realize the hole was supposed to be there!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladies! It makes sense but I'm still not sure how it would work with the buckle. I will have to test it out tonight!
  • imagepoppyweed:
    I thought it was for diaper checks Embarrassed

Me too!  Or for ventilation Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That is what got us through this cold winter & being able to go out w/out feeling guilty, we also used a bundle me ...& he was waaarrm.
  • I can only imagine the fit LO would throw if I tried to buckle him in something and THEN swaddle him. He fights the swaddle as it is.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"