North Carolina Babies
Options

What is this pain?

Last night, over a period of a few hours, I had "lightning bolts" of pain going through my abdomen. They lasted only 2-3 seconds each and weren't at regular intervals, but I had quite a few of them and after they subsided, my abdomen ached.

I thought it was just Braxton Hicks, but my overprotective, Googling boss did some research this morning and found that most Braxton Hicks aren't usually painful. So, do you think these were just abnormal BH? Any reason to call my doc considering I feel fine this morning and she's kicking away?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What is this pain?

• Options
    The baby might've been on a nerve. Just call your OB for peace of mind.
  • Options
    I had all sorts of random pains throughout the end of my pregnancy that were almost indescribable. She is probably just moving and stretching in there, or who knows, it could be BH's--I'm sure everyone tolerates that sensation differently. I wouldn't be too concerned since she's moving, and you're feeling ok now. But it's never a bad idea to call the OB just to be safe!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It could be ligament pain. The ligaments actually stretch all the way up through your lower torso so shooting pains can happen. I had them a few times. I would ask your OB about it if it persists.
  • Options
    same here.
    i always chocked it up to nerve pain.
    nothing to worry about.

towards the end mine was very bothersome. i could never put my finger on exactly "where" it hurt. i do remember the early eve before my water broke i had lots of nerve pain, or as i liked to call it "lightning crotch." we went to the mall to walk around and i had to stop every 5 feet because i was hurting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"