North Carolina Babies
Options

window treatments

Does anyone use the blackout window curtains in their LO's room?  I am trying to decide if I can to do this, it will help since the room gets the morning light.  But I don't know if I want LO to need it to be dark to sleep?  What do you use?

Re: window treatments

• Options
    i had the valance only for like the first 6 months of her life... but now that she can differentiate between day and night and needs it to be dark for night sleeping- we bought some opaque dark chocolate satin panels and put it under the valance- it actually makes it REALLY nice and dark in there! perfect for trying to get her to sleep at 7pm when it's still light out!
  • Options
    yes.  We didn't until Natalie was 6 mo old and I wish we'd used them earlier -- I think I would have had less problems with getting her to take naps.  Claire has had them in her room (Natalie still does) since we moved her to the nursery a month ago.  My MIL actually just made us curtains for both rooms that have a dark liner to cut out the light.  I found the black out shades that you can by through e.g. One Step Ahead to suck and not be large enough for most windows.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"