North Carolina Babies
Options

Wow, crib bedding is expensive.

Where did you get yours? DId you buy it yourself or register for it? Maybe I'll check ebay.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wow, crib bedding is expensive.

• Options
    We got ours on sale at babysupermall.com  It was $99.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We weren't going to get any, but I changed my mind because I just thought it was so cute! Ours was $150 from JC Penney, a Carter's set. I got my MIL to buy it for me!  Smile

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ours was about $200 and my MIL gave that to us as the shower gift for one of our showers! The nice thing is that its gender neutral and we will be able to use it for future kids and can just put emphasis on different colors in the beddign depending on the gender of the other child(ren).  thankfully i got all the pieces I wanted of it cuz now its discontinued :(
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Seriously!  Everything I like is $400 which is absolutely ridiculous.  I need to take up sewing as a hobby.
  • Options

We orders ours online from Babies R Us.  It was about $200.  I couldn't wait to have it, so we just bought it ourselves instead of waiting to register.

• Options
    Our set is carried at many stores, but I ended up ordering from babysupermall.com.  It was $145, no tax and free shipping.  It saved us about $60.
  • Options

Holly's is from Land of Nod, and was about $200 for the bumper, quilt, crib skirt, and one sheet. I bought some basic solid sheets for extras. We bought it ourselves. I was too impatient to wait until the shower, since we based the paint colors, etc, on it.. My nursery was finished by the time the shower rolled around :-)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    It is crazy expensive. We bought ours from Restoration Hardware.  It was one of the few places where I fell in love with the bedding.  We made a registry there (but didn't tell anyone about it), so we could receive the $100 coupon. We bought the bedding ourselves. 
  • Options
    it is crazy expensive.  We got ours at TJ Max for $40 dollars, I would check out TJ Max, Ross, and Marshalls b/c sometimes they have an older pattern but have all the accessories too.  I bought the set and then the light switch plate, the tissue holder and trash and it all cost be less than $60.  GL
  • Options
    I fell in love with a Wendy Bellisimo set and found it on clearance at BRU. I got the sheet, bumper and dust ruffle for about $80. I had to buy the blanket and diaper changer cover separate. You really don't need the quilt/blanket! We have never used it, it just sits on her rocker.
  • Options

OK- so here's the thing about baby crib bedding... are you going to use the bumper or take it out because of SIDS? and the Oh-SO-cute-but-TOTALLY-pointless-blanket it comes with- are you goint to hang it, display it or just put it away because you really can't use it...at least I didn't....

That's about half the set and half the cost. If you are not going to use those items- them look for a more "a-la-carte" selection

Just saying... :)

But yeah- Marshalls and TJ maxx and even Home Goods have great baby stuff for cheap...and if you plan on having more than 1 kid- then going with gender neutral will help financially....

• Options

OK- so here's the thing about baby crib bedding... are you going to use the bumper or take it out because of SIDS? and the Oh-SO-cute-but-TOTALLY-pointless-blanket it comes with- are you goint to hang it, display it or just put it away because you really can't use it...at least I didn't....

That's about half the set and half the cost. If you are not going to use those items- them look for a more "a-la-carte" selection

But yeah- Marshalls and TJ maxx and even Home Goods have great baby stuff for cheap...and if you plan on having more than 1 kid- then going with gender neutral will help financially....

• Options
    H&W05H&W05 member
    imageYelena1281:

Thanks! I just asked this in my registering post above. I wasn't sure if I even needed all this. And I was just reading about the bumper/SIDS so we probably won't use them anyway. So, what do I need? Sheets...?

• Options
    imageH&W05:
    imageYelena1281:

Thanks! I just asked this in my registering post above. I wasn't sure if I even needed all this. And I was just reading about the bumper/SIDS so we probably won't use them anyway. So, what do I need? Sheets...?

I wasn't going to get bedding at all given the risk of SIDS. But, when I mentioned it on here before, it looked like I was in the minority in my thinking. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but you can use a bumper until the baby gets mobile, at which point I will use a breathable bumper so her arms or legs don't get stuck in between the rails. But, there's only a couple of months where you need the breathable bumper, because they reach a point where they can move themselves out of harm's way if they snuggle up to the bumper. So, you can put it back in at that time.

I'm also going to use mine on my toddler bed (I'm getting a convertible crib), to make the sides a little softer for her.

• Options
    My In-laws bought it for us.  I ordered it off of etsy - custom made because the one I REALLY wanted was just too much money from an boutique.  This woman made it almost exactly the same.
  • Options

You def. need sheets... everything else is kinda optional...The dustruffle isn't really seen through the slats of the crib, and unless you will be taking it out and washing it with the regular sheet changes- it will collect dust- so either wash it or just skip it!

I would register for a bunch of baby blankets- we have at least 10 and use them ALL.THE. TIME.- we snuggle with them, we play on them, we sleep with them, we spit up on them....haha- all part of life with a reflux baby!

I would get the matching curtains... again- also keep in mind that summer is coming and it will be light until 9 pm- so some opaque curtains could help...

and then the artwork will tie it all together as a theme....

just my 2 cents!

• Options

We used the bumper until she could roll. Then we put a breathable on [plus it was summer]. Katie likes to be snuggled though, so she actually sleeps better with the bumper back in there. When she got more mobile [could roll over very well, scootch around, etc] we put the bumper back in.

I also use the quit. Right now we have it over the sheet but lay her on top of it. It keeps it warmer and is softer for her. We've also used it when cuddling in the rocking chari at night, lay on the floor to play [when she was younger]. I'm actually really glad I have it.

You could always check out consignment sales, because they don't really get "worn out".

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

• Options

Yes-bumper until they are mobiile then replace it with the breathable one, esp if you are using paci's, they will FLY out of the crib somehow w/out the bumper there, and legs, arms can get caught. As soon as she started pulling up and stepping on the breathable ones, we moved back to the regular.

You for sure need sheets (get the jersey kind that stretch), waterproof mattress pad, a dust ruffle would be nice and some sort of bumper.  I only registered for swaddling blankets and got them plus a TON of others that people gave us or made for us. We used them a lot at first but now we only use the Breathable Baby one I got for her. Blankets are great for taking everywhere, like the Dr. office because you have to totally undress the baby and it is good to have one to wrap them up in that you don't care will get germy. You should get a lot w/out having to register for them.

• Options
    I went with Circo 'mix & match' bedding from Target.  Baby Bargains didn't get it the best rating, but we're almost to 11 months of using the sheets, bumper, dus truffle and quilt and all is good.  They often go on sale and you buy the pieces you want.  This is what we went with.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Technically, you're not supposed to EVER use a bumper.  It increases the risk of SIDS when they're tiny, and increases the risk of SUFFOCATION when they're mobile.  Then when they can pull up they can climb on it and get out of the crib.  So some people only use them in the beginning, and others use them only when they're older.  A breathable bumper is the only "safe" bumper at any age.

MrsMikey used a bumper from the day Eli came home from the hospital to this day in his toddler bed.  Wink

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"